View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #178
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Hi QH,

I have installed Hydra 30 into my tank (100cm x 40cm x 25cm) of 7 goldfishes.
This is about 20 gallons of water.
The tank has been running for more than a week.
I tested the nitrite and nitrate level and they are both very high.
I did not bother testing ammonia since you say most test kit measures total ammonia and the test is not meaningful unless I can find one that test just NH4.

My questions:
1. Is my tank cycled already?
2. Why nitrite and nitrate are so high?
3. Is hydra 30 enough, so I get another hydra 30?

Thanks.
Hi bro,

Hydra 30’s flow rate is applicable for 100L tank which you have.
As for the Hydra’s detoxification efficiency it will also dependent on the number of fishes, size of fishes and amount of feeding (Bio-loading).
Hydra’s technology helps in detoxifying the water, removing toxic ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate by acceleration of the nitrification and de-nitrification process(without beneficial bacteria).

For other filtration system, cycling is necessary to build up the beneficial bacteria before you put in fishes.
For Hydra’s technology, you can put in the fishes right after the water is de-chlorinated and acclimatized. There is no need for any beneficial bacteria to build up since Hydra instantly starts to acceleration nitrification and de-nitrification process by the technology process.
If your fishes have survived the first week with Hydra, without cycling the tank, we can say, Hydra is working.

However, as it is a new tank (1 week) and as your fishes are constantly fed and excreting, Ammonia is constantly being release, it is hard to judge and tell your system bio load, therefore we do not expect ammonia, nitrite and nitrate be zero. But Hydra will keep processing the toxins and try it’s best to keep at a safe level with the given bio load.
Please keep monitoring the fishes health. Wash the Hydra sponge when it affects the flow rate.
If your bio- loading is too high, you probably will need more filtration to support.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote