Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 20-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #1
limpc

Default AquaPharm PUR-II

Hi,

Anyone use this product before ? Comments please.
You can find info here

Thanks
Old 20-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
neokn

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpc
Hi,

Anyone use this product before ? Comments please.
You can find info here

Thanks
I'm using these. Clears up the water pretty fast after I throw in the bag. What's the problem are you facing?
Old 20-09-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
limpc

Well, trying other means of controlling the NO3 which currently running at 50ppm. Also battling with hair algae.

THanks
Old 20-09-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
neokn

Sorry, no test kit to test NO3. Thus can really tell, but I do have to battle with hair aglae.

I bought it to clear my water as @ 1 pt my water was getting dark or was it milky?????? Anyway, it does it job that I bought it for. Don't know whether will it solve your problem on high NO3.
Old 20-09-2004, 06:58 PM   #5
nim75sg

To battle hair algae ... let the Hermit Crab do the job.
Old 20-09-2004, 10:43 PM   #6
limpc

I have one hermit crab but super lazy. Or should I intro more hermit crabs to create competition for food ?
Bought a algae blenny but still not doing its work.
Tomorrow I plan a black out day for my tank.

Any other method ?
Old 20-09-2004, 10:44 PM   #7
iori_del

Aquastar was selling $12 and if u buy 2 bottles of seachurm(??) then u get one free...

i am using, quite good.
Old 30-10-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
Chemifish

Default AquaPharm NOT SAFE be careful!!

Greetings,

I noticed this thread and had to join in for a moment. I am extremely familiar with the AquaPharm Labs company who produces PUR-11 product.

This company is nothing but a fake rip off copmany. If you look at their online catalog it will even say on the bottom of the first page. "product of USA" The product is made in Singapore and isn't made at all in the USA.

The company has only copied products from other cmpanies. A Former distributor of some US made products joined forces in order to put together this product and just steal product names from companies like Boyd Enterprises makers of the ORIGINAL Ion filter medium Chemi-pure. Http://www.boydenterprsiesonline.com The PUR-11 product is only a cheap reproduction of the original. The claims were just copied and etc. YOu may get some visual good resluts with clear water, however as most well seasoned aquarists will tell you, Crystal clear water is not an indicator that your water chemistry is safe.

They have a line of products of which has other names stolen from other quality companies who are actually in the US

Just thought i'd let you all know to be careful, there's a good chance most of their products are designed in order to create small problems in your tanks and then have to buy more of their products. I know some companies around the world who do just that.

Chemifish
Old 30-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #9
rapalla

I used that stuff (Aquapharm PUR-II) during my cycling stage, it really boost my cycling period, gives me crystal clear water, reduce ammonia and nitrate.... got it at $12 from AquaMarine!.
Old 31-10-2004, 02:06 PM   #10
Chemifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapalla
I used that stuff (Aquapharm PUR-II) during my cycling stage, it really boost my cycling period, gives me crystal clear water, reduce ammonia and nitrate.... got it at $12 from AquaMarine!.
Why don't you try using the ORIGINAL Ion filtger medium CHEMI-PURE. by Boyd Enterprises Inc out of the USA. Immatation of something is usually the best form of flattery. So the PUR II from aquarpharm is only trying to measure up to Chemi-pure.

Just like I said in my previous post, Be careful of Aquapharm, they really don't have your tank in it's best interest, only their pocket books. Besides you can easily get Chemi-pure cheaper than $11-$12