Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 16-12-2010, 12:00 AM   #51
BlueRaleigh

Hey for your crabs I think just make setup up like your Newts one can alr. Cos liddat easier to maintain and just need add some PVC pipe for the crabs to hide
Old 16-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #52
Merviso

haha... My newts is now in another tank. This vivarium is still running but with only moss, fern and crypts... Maybe I will throw some crabs in next time...
Old 17-12-2010, 01:57 AM   #53
BlueRaleigh

Hey abt the vivarium, what is the black thing you use to keep the soil back? It looks like part of the undergravel filter
Old 17-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #54
Merviso

Yes! It is from the same under-gravel filter... ... I cut it to the height I need and spray it with black paint...

Basically, for this project, I try to reuse most of the stuff that I have laying around...
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #55
miko24

Hi Merviso, I tried to mimic your set up but I think it didn't go too well. Do you think you give me your email address so that we may discuss where I went wrong? Once I have received your email, I will mail you the photo of my set up for your advise?
Old 07-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #56
Panut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
haha... My newts is now in another tank. This vivarium is still running but with only moss, fern and crypts... Maybe I will throw some crabs in next time...
the crabs will destroy your plants..
Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #57
miko24

Merviso.. do you think you can pass me the contact of the kind gentleman who provided you with the land moss?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #58
braveyr

Very inspirational setup!. I totally cannot see the rainbar haha, you hide it so well.

Just wondering do you need any fertilizer for the land moss?how often go oyu need to change the water with the cannister/undergravel filter?

Thumb up. =) Love it!~