Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 20-04-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
arapaima_gigas

Lightbulb Red Sea Prizm Skimmer

Hi all, I decided to buy a new skimmer for my 2 ft tank..and i heard that red prizm(hang on) skimmer are the perfect choices for small tanks..so guys I need your opinion, ist wise for me to buy a hang-on skimmer type eventough my tank got sump..and also inside my sump there is one powerhead..the powerhead return the water from the 1st chamber and 2nd chamber of my filter back to the tank..do u think I should buy another powerhead for the skimmer or I just can use the existing powerhead for the skimming process also…I’m afraid by using an extra powerhead the tempreture would be rise as I don’t hv chiller install to my tank..

Red sea also got in-line type skimmer(berlin) but some said prizm are lot better than berlin..
Other than red sea..i’m also interested in aqua-c urchin..but unfortunately aqua-c is too expensive..

Thanks…
Old 20-04-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
ykeng

Possibly, i think ur choice of a skimmer will very much depend on your tank bioload. Weipro skimmers seems to be those that are having pretty good feedback. For my case, i am using those make from China type of airstone skimmer ($3 only). cant really skim kopi-O type of stuff but good enough to skim "ju hua cha" dirt.

What i do to to make up is of course to do regular water change.

Guess my reply couldnt really answer directly to your question. So my own case study for your consideration.