Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 AM   #11
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

I used to blend garlic with tankwater and filter it with a coffee filter. Pour the garlic juice directly into the tank. You may pour more tank water over the coffee filter repeatedly.

Repeat treatment every 2 days until you see improvement. This method works best when the fishes refuses to eat.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:21 AM   #12
RaMsPeEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiB
Yup, keeping the fish in a seperate setup. This setup can be a low cost simple setup as it is just a temporary place for the fish to stay in. A 1-2week quarantine period should be sufficient to ensure that a fish is healthy before adding it into the maintank

This doesn't serve any purposes when it comes to quarantining as whatever disease the new arrival has can enter the system.

Saw it at Paradiz Reef. Don't know if still got stock, other marine LFS may have can call to check(There's a list of LFS in the marine LFS forum).
thanks for all your help.. i really appreciate it alot!!..
By e way,tis acc i'm using i'm actually sharing it with my fren.I tried setting it up with my own email address.But i cant post thread with it..hw can i join as a member in tis website?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:22 AM   #13
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMsPeEd
thanks for all your help.. i really appreciate it alot!!..
By e way,tis acc i'm using i'm actually sharing it with my fren.I tried setting it up with my own email address.But i cant post thread with it..hw can i join as a member in tis website?
send me a PM using yr nick and include yr email in the PM. I will help you activate it.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:27 PM   #14
RaMsPeEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™
send me a PM using yr nick and include yr email in the PM. I will help you activate it.
Hi,
My user id is : Dollie
Email:v4mpchung@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:31 AM   #15
monsterz1975

If u can try to install a coralife UV gor u tank , it really works in control itch. Now everyday without failed i soak the food in garlic . I very kiasu i run ozone together with UV.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #16
m.at.the.w

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
If u can try to install a coralife UV gor u tank , it really works in control itch. Now everyday without failed i soak the food in garlic . I very kiasu i run ozone together with UV.
wont uv lights heat up the water? im running a FOWLR without chiller thinking of installing a set of UV lights but am afraid it'll boil my water cooking my fish in it...haha..
Old 12-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #17
RaMsPeEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMsPeEd
Hi,
My user id is : Dollie
Email:v4mpchung@hotmail.com
Thanks!
hmmm...sorry to bother.so hw is it ? the account?
Old 13-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #18
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.at.the.w
wont uv lights heat up the water? im running a FOWLR without chiller thinking of installing a set of UV lights but am afraid it'll boil my water cooking my fish in it...haha..
It will not "heat" the water in your tank .....
Old 14-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #19
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.at.the.w
A UV will not heat up the water , it will only kill what ever that pass through and the best is supply with a very low flow of water.
Old 14-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #20
m.at.the.w

hmm ..haha ....alright ...thanks guys!