Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 06-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #11
Fantasy

Is T5 as hot as PL tubes? My PL tubes run very hot.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
ostrava

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck
So you got your T5 set already? I am getting mine soon

Anyway to not deviate from the thread, T5 is really in vogue now. High penetration rates and excellent intensity. And it doesn't really go with the WPG rule as around 2+WPG from the T5 is enough to satisfy the light requirements of most plants.

Price wise, well, is of course, "excellent".
Yeah, solve all the light problems. One set enuf unlike last time use the PL light, i need to fix 2 set in order to satisfy the hunger for my plants
Old 06-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #13
ostrava

anyway buy T5 High Output not the Normal one...
Old 20-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #14
Ahyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrava
anyway buy T5 High Output not the Normal one...
hihi any idea where to get it including the casing?
Old 21-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #15
the_r0ck

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Anyway I personally feel that T5 is a tad cooler than PL lights. I only have had experience with a couple of T5 sets from my friends and it is not as bad as PL. Of course I feel that the design of the set itself is important (air flow and such).

You can get T5 sets at alot of places, C328 should have some, price wise, should be cheaper than most. You can look around. If you have the time you can go to NA and "look look see see". No harm scouting.
Old 22-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
fishy_will

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck
Can't believe I missed this thread.

Anyway I personally feel that T5 is a tad cooler than PL lights. I only have had experience with a couple of T5 sets from my friends and it is not as bad as PL. Of course I feel that the design of the set itself is important (air flow and such).

You can get T5 sets at alot of places, C328 should have some, price wise, should be cheaper than most. You can look around. If you have the time you can go to NA and "look look see see". No harm scouting.

how much does a HO T5 cost?? I got a quote from an aqua ... abt $30 for a 10k 24W... I got a T5 set, but it's only normal T5.. one white tube and one pink tube