Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 19-07-2004, 11:40 PM   #11
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
if u r talking abt the o ring juz at the top of the chamber tat connects the cup, then i think it's too high.
anyway, if u got spare cash, go 4 another good 1. i juz bought an aqua C.
wow... high tech already.. u bought which model? the EV-120?
Old 19-07-2004, 11:44 PM   #12
bonjour2

Quote:
if u r talking abt the o ring juz at the top of the chamber tat connects the cup, then i think it's too high.
woah...aqua C I was only thinking of changing to a Macro one like the one in fishnfriends...
Old 20-07-2004, 12:49 AM   #13
monsterz1975

My 2012 been running for 2 weeks and i connect it direct to my eheim 2026 outlet and it works very well.For that $ i pay i am happy with it.Pic in my gallery.
Old 20-07-2004, 01:37 AM   #14
Goh_TM

I find skimmers using venturi or needlewheel need careful tuning & maintenance to get the best efficiency.

For Weipro, I find that the knot that control the output is very sensitive. Therefore, tuning it is quite difficult. Try to clean the Weipro once/twice a week. Remember, u also need to clean the venturi once in a while.

To increase the contact time of the skimmer, submerge the outflow tube in the water. This way, you will get better skimmate.

Below is example of my customer Turboflotor SL. Beside clearing the skimmer cup every 2 days, cleaning of the pump, skimmer chamber & venturi is done once a mth. Outflow tube is submerged in water, resulting in more contact time and black kopi skimmate achieved. Before that, he is only able to achieve dark brown skimmate.

Goh_TM
Old 20-07-2004, 03:07 AM   #15
hsiehwei

roger that,thanz 4 the advices.i will try 2 surmerge the outflow n see how 1st,if still cannot may b i juz spend some $ on a better skimmer liao,any good recomendations?
Old 20-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #16
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiehwei
roger that,thanz 4 the advices.i will try 2 surmerge the outflow n see how 1st,if still cannot may b i juz spend some $ on a better skimmer liao,any good recomendations?
got one good deal at sgreef... second hand aquac... http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=19637

if yr tank is 4/5ft.. can use this...

anyway my weipro also green tea standard only.. very sianzz...
Old 20-07-2004, 01:22 PM   #17
Jeffrey74

Quote:
now Aqua c liao huh Why not H&S? Alot of people selling it at great price too.

Anyway, congrats. Now you can keep alot of bartletts in your tank liao
Old 20-07-2004, 01:45 PM   #18
ReDDeviLs

skimmer like aqua C is spray injector.. its not a plug and play equipment.. aqua C need tuning too to get the best effect.
H&S is more of plug and play.

both are top brands and proven by the marine world.
the former is from US,the later from germany.

still got another H&S for sale at SRC.
Old 20-07-2004, 02:37 PM   #19
Goh_TM

Personally, I would go for Skimmers using needle wheel technology. Infact, US reefers are switching to Needlewheel skimmer from beckett/Spray Induction. More power saving too.

Needlewheel skimmer are also more efficient & produce better skimmate. I dun ready agree that H&S is a plug & play. Tuning is still needed, but same as the rest, once set & forget.

There are a number of brands avaliable here. AquaMedic, ASM, Deltec, Euroreef & H&S.

Cheers!

Goh_TM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDDeviLs
skimmer like aqua C is spray injector.. its not a plug and play equipment.. aqua C need tuning too to get the best effect.
H&S is more of plug and play.

both are top brands and proven by the marine world.
the former is from US,the later from germany.

still got another H&S for sale at SRC.
Old 20-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #20
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
wow... high tech already.. u bought which model? the EV-120?

yes, the smallest of all...

not really high tech la, almost land tat joe p's beckett in my sump. too bad didnt work out.