Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 30-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
bojyeo

Wats the ozonizer for? UV?.......I am thinking of getting Aquamarine to install the all-in-one Aquuatronica system in my tank...........very newbie so a little worried...........
Old 30-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #12
tropic
Arofanatic

Either way u still can use ozonizer or uv. Do a search. Ozonizer works introducing ozone into the water and helps to keep the water clear. Make sure you don't overdose and monitor the orp. If introduce into the skimmer , your skimmer shld preferably be ozone friendly.
tropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
tropic
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojyeo View Post
Wats the ozonizer for? UV?.......I am thinking of getting Aquamarine to install the all-in-one Aquuatronica system in my tank...........very newbie so a little worried...........
aquatronica/ profilix systems monitor the parameters and lighting etc . You still got to do your part . It's great for those who has large tanks
tropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #14
sungod666

no worries lah. we are living in information age, compare to reefers in the 80s or 90s we have it easy. like what some members say, ozonizer introduce O3 into the water to kill cells, 3-5 times more powerful than UV. it actually burns a hole in the cellupon contact. so things like ICH, parasites, etc all die. drawback is Ozone overload is harmful to humans as well and of course fishes. UV is safer but troublesome, you need to run pump through it and need piping. beside ozone magnify the uses of a skimmer by killing all the organisms and the skimmer pick it up and it also turn yellow water clear.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #15
bojyeo

wah..........cool.......thanks for all the advice.....what brand of ozonizer is good? Price and where to get that brand?.........
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #16
sungod666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojyeo View Post
wah..........cool.......thanks for all the advice.....what brand of ozonizer is good? Price and where to get that brand?.........
sander is good, red sea never used before but is a reputable brand, hailea the most popular and cheapest works fine for most recreational reefers. if you already put in quite a investment get a better one. the good ones like sander cost 300 and up without ORP controller or probe. the controller and probe is another 300+. hailea is 100 without controller and probe.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #17
bojyeo

What does ORP means and what does it reli affect?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #18
sungod666

for very exact explanation, you need google. all i know you need it to monitor ozone level in your water in order not to overdose if you plan to on the ozonizer all the time.