Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 16-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
johannes

Some hard to come by ones may not be that marketable due to their dull appearances.
Well.... I have noticed that few years back...
Old 16-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Some hard to come by ones may not be that marketable due to their dull appearances.
Well.... I have noticed that few years back...
True. Well, if have $$, provided the fish is NOT banned, the possibility of bringing rare tanganyikan cichlids is still feasible. I for one will not spend extra $ just for the sake of 'rare' ones. The 'common' ones are already plentiful to play/keep/enjoy for me and I still wanna keep a lot other common ones but not enough tanks now!
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
Chanfanatic
Arofanatic

Hey Bro,

U talking about not enough tanks then what about me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
True. Well, if have $$, provided the fish is NOT banned, the possibility of bringing rare tanganyikan cichlids is still feasible. I for one will not spend extra $ just for the sake of 'rare' ones. The 'common' ones are already plentiful to play/keep/enjoy for me and I still wanna keep a lot other common ones but not enough tanks now!
Chanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #14
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma View Post
I intend to get some shellies but not sure what shells they call by looking at some bro pics here. I'd some shells and not sure whether suitable or not.
The top left shells maybe but what about the rest?
Anyone can guide me? Thanks in advance.

Apologies Emma for chit-chatting aimlessly but imo the top/left 2 shells are definitely suitable for the common types of shellies like multi/brevis/similis/etc as well as calvus/comps provided yr females are NOT huge, whereas the top/right 2 are good for bigger types of shellies or fishes that like to breed in shells....example Telmatochromis sp. shellies. The bottome shells will be good for the fries to hide, but usually the shellies will cover them up with sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanfanatic View Post
Hey Bro,

U talking about not enough tanks then what about me?
Stupid angelfish project took up 4 tanks of mine, including plecos. Wasted but very happy though;
Old 16-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
emma

[QUOTE=Brichardi;9581212]Apologies Emma for chit-chatting aimlessly but imo the top/left 2 shells are definitely suitable for the common types of shellies like multi/brevis/similis/etc as well as calvus/comps provided yr females are NOT huge, whereas the top/right 2 are good for bigger types of shellies or fishes that like to breed in shells....example Telmatochromis sp. shellies. The bottome shells will be good for the fries to hide, but usually the shellies will cover them up with sand.

It's all rite bud. So I need not bury the whole shells as to only expose the opening? The shellies will do the coverup? Sorry for the naive questions.
Old 16-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #16
Brichardi
Dragon

On the contrary, usually I open up the covered shells! If shell dwellers, usually the male will bury most shells and entice the female/s to a particular one he opened for her.

Just stick the shells to the sand with openings upwards and the shell dwellers will do the rest of the job.