Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 17-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #11
helldust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
What type of seaweed are you feeding the YT?
those avail in NTUC, whereby people used to make sushi. i tried feeding them with boiled lettuce and those seaweed bought from chinese stores, but they dun seems to like it. I guess my tangs prefer those toasted and more expensive seaweed .
Old 17-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #12
helldust

anyway tks for all those bros who replied to help.

My yellow tang has appeared to be fine again. After i had increased the feeding of seaweed yesterday, it's stomach no longer appeared sunk in as i observed today. Neither the seaweed are expel through the gills . guess it just can't feed as fast as my other 3 hungry tangs.
Old 20-09-2005, 06:12 PM   #13
KaLiB

Roasted seaweed not really good for the fishes as they may contain additives that could be harmful to the fish in the long run. Anyway, its good that all is well and back to normal.
Old 20-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #14
nim75sg

Try using Spirulina flakes as this is a good alternative to seaweed ...
Old 20-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #15
helldust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiB
Roasted seaweed not really good for the fishes as they may contain additives that could be harmful to the fish in the long run. Anyway, its good that all is well and back to normal.
yes, the yellow tang is now back to normal. but sometimes i still see bits of seaweeds coming out from the gills. anyway i had ask Henry on the behaviour of the tang , he commented that it may due to the tang rejecting the food or signs of degradation.
keeping my fingers crossed and continue to monitor.
Old 21-09-2005, 12:34 AM   #16
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by helldust
yes, the yellow tang is now back to normal. but sometimes i still see bits of seaweeds coming out from the gills. anyway i had ask Henry on the behaviour of the tang , he commented that it may due to the tang rejecting the food or signs of degradation.
keeping my fingers crossed and continue to monitor.
It good to hear that he safe. Good luck bro.
Old 21-09-2005, 11:29 PM   #17
mansiz

When bros feed their tang with seaweeds, do you use a seaweed clip? Sometimes if we have cuts, we will be reluctant to put our hands into the tank, do bros use other ways? Or you will always put on gloves?
Old 22-09-2005, 02:33 AM   #18
helldust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansiz
When bros feed their tang with seaweeds, do you use a seaweed clip? Sometimes if we have cuts, we will be reluctant to put our hands into the tank, do bros use other ways? Or you will always put on gloves?
i think keep putting your hands into the tank is not a good idea, though the hand is the most 'powerful' tool. always a good idea to put on gloves when handling LR, corals or etc... better be safe than sorry.
i use a DIY seaweed clip (improvished from a plastic peg) and retrieve the clip using those long plastics clamps tool.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #19
mansiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by helldust
i think keep putting your hands into the tank is not a good idea, though the hand is the most 'powerful' tool. always a good idea to put on gloves when handling LR, corals or etc... better be safe than sorry.
i use a DIY seaweed clip (improvished from a plastic peg) and retrieve the clip using those long plastics clamps tool.
Yes bro, I uses those clips also, but the troublesome part is that, we have to put our hands in no matter what, because we have to pop the clip to the tank's glass in order for it to be firm there. Or bro, did you just clip the seaweed to the clip and throw it into the tank and let it flow freely?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #20
helldust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansiz
Yes bro, I uses those clips also, but the troublesome part is that, we have to put our hands in no matter what, because we have to pop the clip to the tank's glass in order for it to be firm there. Or bro, did you just clip the seaweed to the clip and throw it into the tank and let it flow freely?
the clips are attached to a small pebble so it will not float around. also most of the time i will push the clips into the sand.