Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 17-07-2005, 02:32 AM   #11
Marcusy

tks brett. will get 2-3 more lotus fews green and red how these lotus can get well in my tank...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett
Nice bro. Might want to consider adding in another green lotus at the coner.
Old 17-07-2005, 02:33 AM   #12
Marcusy

ok will go marketing soon as these day budget tight so plant a few up first
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnz
agree, u r under utilising ur 3 ft tank with that few stalks of plants
u really need to get more plants or some wood or stone so u can fiddle with layout issues. Only from there can we throw in useful comments.
Old 17-07-2005, 02:34 AM   #13
Marcusy

tks alot. but as some of them say is to empty for the 3ft tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by archie2000
very clean neat look. nice.
Old 17-07-2005, 11:12 AM   #14
betta_zoid87
Senior Dragon

try to get more plants... =)
betta_zoid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 12:57 AM   #15
Marcusy

my Red lotus is growing

More plant added

close up ....

front view.

guy pls comment tks, BTW want to ask how come i see some white mold on the plant? and the plant seem like growing toward to the left .??

sorry for the big picture
Old 31-07-2005, 01:25 AM   #16
andrewtyr

I spot many fast growers here. If you are doing high light, you will find a forest very soon. Don't worry, planted is a very interesting hobby. Soon, you will find yourself indulging in many other beautiful plants.
Old 31-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #17
Marcusy

i'm using 2 X36watt Pl light .... dont knoe is it strong enough a not ....one of my buddy saw liao also want to go into planted tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtyr
I spot many fast growers here. If you are doing high light, you will find a forest very soon. Don't worry, planted is a very interesting hobby. Soon, you will find yourself indulging in many other beautiful plants.
Old 31-07-2005, 03:11 AM   #18
G@ry

1: Over head filtration might not be appropriate as yr plants might be slanted to the left due to the strong outlet flow. Also, the use of a strong ohf depletes the amount of co2 in the planted tank greatly. i really cannot find any other reason why yr plant is growing towards the left.

2. When planting stem plants, try to space them out a more, as compared to what you have done in the pics. Trim them to abt 10cm ( for me i make it shorter) equally, do not hesitate to remove rotting plants. I have noticed uneven growth in yr stemmed plants, indicating they were not trimmed to approximately same length in the beginning. This serves to give a more appealing look.

3. Try to plant the stemmed plants in clusters instead of in a single row from what is illustrated in the pics.

Overall, it is a good try ! keep it up~
Old 31-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #19
Stevenn

Simple and very nice.
Old 31-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #20
Marcusy

1: Over head filtration might not be appropriate as yr plants might be slanted to the left due to the strong outlet flow. Also, the use of a strong ohf depletes the amount of co2 in the planted tank greatly. i really cannot find any other reason why yr plant is growing towards the left.

noted.btw if i dont use OHF wat can i use to do the filteration of the tank ? those canister???

2. When planting stem plants, try to space them out a more, as compared to what you have done in the pics. Trim them to abt 10cm ( for me i make it shorter) equally, do not hesitate to remove rotting plants. I have noticed uneven growth in yr stemmed plants, indicating they were not trimmed to approximately same length in the beginning. This serves to give a more appealing look.

tat mean plant them stem by stem or few stem ??? as fro triming i dare not cut away the roots now that i knoe the roots can be cut.

3. Try to plant the stemmed plants in clusters instead of in a single row from what is illustrated in the pics.

err bro dont really get wat u mean by cluster???

tks for the advice