Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 04-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #11
YKT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occellatus View Post
Hmm....You may be right bro...

12 PBs! Must be quite a sight! Bro, I dont remember you posting any full tank pics showcasing your PBs. Able to post some for us to drool?
I will try later as the tank is quite messy due to house shifting.
YKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Edmundo

Occe and YKT:

me too share the same sentiment, when i kept them in comm, they can feed very well, snapping up feeders like no tomorrow, but now tat i keep only 1 pieces, he tends to take his time to feed, little by little....... now im thinking to get back to comm.

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #13
YKT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
Occe and YKT:

me too share the same sentiment, when i kept them in comm, they can feed very well, snapping up feeders like no tomorrow, but now tat i keep only 1 pieces, he tends to take his time to feed, little by little....... now im thinking to get back to comm.
This is the problem when I keep them alone.

There was a case where my small CB Kelberi (3 to 4 inches) was not eating well when I keep them in a floating breeder box alone and I transfer them into the main tank. It end up being an expensive feeder. The bigger size Kelberi swallow it just like feeder. Really expensive feeder.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
Edmundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKT View Post
This is the problem when I keep them alone.

There was a case where my small CB Kelberi (3 to 4 inches) was not eating well when I keep them in a floating breeder box alone and I transfer them into the main tank. It end up being an expensive feeder. The bigger size Kelberi swallow it just like feeder. Really expensive feeder.
i just re-introduced the smaller one with the bigger one, now the smaller one kena wack... regret separate them, was thinking keeping the smaller one alone can help it grow better, but.... so sorry to read ur lost.

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
i just re-introduced the smaller one with the bigger one, now the smaller one kena wack... regret separate them, was thinking keeping the smaller one alone can help it grow better, but.... so sorry to read ur lost.
I think its better to seperate ur smaller PB bro. Remembered the thread which I posted in showcase sometime back? I comm my bigger Orino with the smaller Mono. Initially they were fine. Slowly, the bigger Orino became more and more aggressive. The mono was so badly whacked that after a few weeks, it just floated at one corner.

That is why the Orino is now alone and taking its time to feed. I seperated the mono from the Orino. Now that the mono has healed and back to its normal self, I dun think I will re-introduce the pair. The mono will get whacked for sure.
Occellatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
weixiang80
Dragon

quality PB,

very well fed, PB must be fat fat then swee
weixiang80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #17
YKT
Dragon

Quote:
It is ok as it comes as part of this hobby where big fish eat small fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occellatus View Post
I think its better to seperate ur smaller PB bro. Remembered the thread which I posted in showcase sometime back? I comm my bigger Orino with the smaller Mono. Initially they were fine. Slowly, the bigger Orino became more and more aggressive. The mono was so badly whacked that after a few weeks, it just floated at one corner.

That is why the Orino is now alone and taking its time to feed. I seperated the mono from the Orino. Now that the mono has healed and back to its normal self, I dun think I will re-introduce the pair. The mono will get whacked for sure.
I agree unless you want to start the fight again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiang80 View Post
quality PB,

very well fed, PB must be fat fat then swee
Yes, a lot of mp and feeders daily. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #18
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Manage to take a few shots on my WC and CB Kelberi. Both pcs are about 10 inches, see the difference in development for WC and CB type. WC is definitely much better.
Wow...bro, I think your cb kelberi is looking great too..at least anal fin already has gold spottings...
however, now that I have seen yrs and comparing it with my 6" cb kels, I think they are similiar in the sense that they have 3 lateral bars from dorsal down like the monoculus, while the WC still possesses round, gold rosettes spots like orinos...what you think?
TRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #19
YKT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Wow...bro, I think your cb kelberi is looking great too..at least anal fin already has gold spottings...
however, now that I have seen yrs and comparing it with my 6" cb kels, I think they are similiar in the sense that they have 3 lateral bars from dorsal down like the monoculus, while the WC still possesses round, gold rosettes spots like orinos...what you think?
Ya agree. As the CB type grow, the black bars seem to become much lighter in color and some almost disappear but intensity of Gold get stronger. For the WC type, there is not much changes except the Gold intensity is much stronger than the CB. Spottings are equally good for both the CB and WC.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #20
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Ya agree. As the CB type grow, the black bars seem to become much lighter in color and some almost disappear but intensity of Gold get stronger. For the WC type, there is not much changes except the Gold intensity is much stronger than the CB. Spottings are equally good for both the CB and WC.
It is indeed a relieve for hobbyist buying the cb kelberi, having assurance from yr gd update from time to time...at least we know that though the cb kel are late developers but will also have as good spottings..tks bro
TRIX is offline   Reply With Quote