Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 24-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
binniez

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltrain View Post
i also do that, my parents super happy when their potted plants bloom after i pour my used soil on their plants.

oven bake a bit extreme la. but then, these few mths where to find sun~~~
True also lurh.. Nowadays, the rain come without warning. One moment sunny one moment heavy rain.. Hehe..
Old 24-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
eviltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by binniez View Post
True also lurh.. Nowadays, the rain come without warning. One moment sunny one moment heavy rain.. Hehe..
early morning put out before work. at night come home wet again liao.

its a cycle~~~
Old 24-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #13
monster_88

Actually, even if want to oven bake the soil also need to sun dry to about 80% dry first. Otherwise, it takes damn long to fully dry them and they'll clump together. But I do think that it's a good idea, don't waste not cheap.
Old 27-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
Bluebubble

I have an unused oven toaster at home but decided to scrap the idea of recycling my soil because when I left it in the open to dry, it smell like Shxt!! I almost threw out...

Will look for black quartz or a small pack of GEX..not too expensive investment this time round.
Old 28-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
monster_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebubble View Post
I have an unused oven toaster at home but decided to scrap the idea of recycling my soil because when I left it in the open to dry, it smell like Shxt!! I almost threw out...

Will look for black quartz or a small pack of GEX..not too expensive investment this time round.
I'm surprised that yours smell bad. I had previously reused some and they didn't smell when I left them out to sun dry. I did wash them over a fine filter before draining dry and lay out to sun.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
Bluebubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_88 View Post
I'm surprised that yours smell bad. I had previously reused some and they didn't smell when I left them out to sun dry. I did wash them over a fine filter before draining dry and lay out to sun.
The soil is more than 1 year old with lots of poo poo by shrimps and fishes. May be I didn't wash thoroughly. Anyway my old 1.5ft tank is empty now, haven't decide what to do with it