Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 18-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
globalcookie
Dragon

Conclusion. PAP is always right! We are always wrong!

So this CSM is an idiot! Why did he enter politics when he had been making a hell lot more money than his current MP allowance? KUKU! LHL is saying people will not want to enter politics given lower pay. Ministers are paid many times more than CSM, yet their caliber is way below CSM. What the hell is CSM doing?

Workers Party has a good chance of becoming the RULING PARTY in e next few GE, maybe 2 GEs away.... and if that happens, CSM can earn the million dollar and tell LHL the same story.

LSL will end up being the leader of a fallen party! All these is possible, given the way they are doing things.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Conclusion. PAP is always right! We are always wrong!

So this CSM is an idiot! Why did he enter politics when he had been making ...
seriously quite disappointed with CSM
with his calibre and network... he should be doing much much more
instead of taking potshots (pun intended)
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #13
globalcookie
Dragon

I don't know which potshot you refer to. But I guess, WP's style is, not to be over aggressive, but be subtle in their approach. This keeps them out of trouble and too many provocative challenges from whoelse.

If we look back at how WP handled situations since LTK took over as party leader, they are very mellow in their approach, and that is quite smart, well accepted by many.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
I don't know which potshot you refer to. But I guess, WP's style is, not to be over aggressive, but be subtle in their approach. This keeps them out of trouble and too many provocative challenges from whoelse.

If we look back at how WP handled situations since LTK took over as party leader, they are very mellow in their approach, and that is quite smart, well accepted by many.
potshots? i look for the shots taken...

what have CSM/WP done? normal meet-the-people sessions?
seems their whole machinery was geared towards the GE
and nothing thereafter... sigh
maybe was expecting too much....

opportunistic pot shots...
believe it wasnt choreographed?

Last edited by richardg; 18-01-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 18-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Humongous

Pinky Loong defended DisGRACEFOOL, """SHE WAS RIGHT"

"Many Singaporean would Suffer" but he really meant Pappies would suffer... pui chao nua

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

David Marshall In 1994 (when PAP ministers started enjoying their high pay schemes):

I've got nothing against money. I'd like to have money myself! I'd like to have a house and a garden and dogs and a car and a chauffeur but, look, I've got a flat. I've got a swimming pool attached to the flat. I've not even got a car but I use taxis. I have a dignified way of life without being wealthy.

I don't see the necessity of owning a Mercedes-Benz and a swimming pool and a couple of mistresses. I think we've got our values all wrong.

You know $ 96,000 a month for a Prime Minister and $ 60,000 a month for a minister. What the hell do you do with all that money? You can't eat it!
What do you do with it ? Your children don't need all that money.

My children have had the best of education. In fact, I'm very proud of them. One of them is a senior registrar to two major hospitals in Oxford. Another of them is a consultant in European law to the Securities and Investment Board in the United Kingdom. They've had their education. There are no complaints.

I never earned $60,000 a month or $90,000 a month. When I was Chief Minister, I earned $8,000 a month.
Look, what is happening today is we are encouraged to and are becoming worshippers of the Golden Calf.

We have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping our fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding the miracle of the living, the duty and the grandeur. We have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people.

We have become good bourgeois seeking comfort, security. It's like seeking a crystal coffin and being fed by intravenous injections through pipes in the crystal coffin; crystal coffins stuck with certificates of your pragmatic abilities.

It's time we start clean up Singapore politics & get rid of the greedy self-serving politicians.

Last edited by Humongous; 18-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 18-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
Humongous

Mr Chen Show Mao on Ministerial Remuneration

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Humongous; 18-01-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 18-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
what have CSM/WP done? normal meet-the-people sessions?
seems their whole machinery was geared towards the GE
and nothing thereafter... sigh
maybe was expecting too much....
what was you expecting of CSM and not the other PAPpies Showman? Those that have been in the scene for a prolong time... anything to show frm them then?

Last edited by Humongous; 18-01-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 18-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous View Post
what was you expecting of CSM and not the other PAPpies Showman?
pappies have done some, like hdb output, keeping speculators out of housing, sacked some ppl ie institutionalised accountability.....

CSM, he worked with billionaires.. was expecting him to raise some serious funds for charity. is that too much to ask?
Old 18-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
Rocky
Dragon

it's always easy to critcise what other hv not done right but given the same task how many of us can actually deliver..

I am actually looking forward to see what WP can propose that can help Spore to progress towards a better nation of what we wld dream off ie better living, no congestion, low housing cost, low tpt, low unemplyment rate etc
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #20
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
pappies have done some, like hdb output, keeping speculators out of housing, sacked some ppl ie institutionalised accountability.....

CSM, he worked with billionaires.. was expecting him to raise some serious funds for charity. is that too much to ask?
To do what was required in the office is a duty, nothing to be shout about.... sacked who ??? ie institutionalised accountability..... Wong Cant Sing??

Was that why that he was given the electorate by the people? He was given the task to represent the voice of the people to speak out on issue.

And do you pegged the same expectation on all other million dollars salaried ministered who are on board of multiple PLCs , MNCs and other companies?

Last edited by Humongous; 18-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.