Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-02-2003, 03:57 AM   #191
dusk_tofu

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dropsy

Quote:
Originally posted by fishsiowsiow
How about not puting in the medication. The fish flip? When stress what kind of symptoms.

How come fish make alot of slime can be more stressed and become weaker and go heaven?

Have you found out the reason. Why?

If fish make more slime and stress and died. then how come marine fish never die.
sigh... ever heard of "diffusion" and "osmosis"? If you put fresh water fish into sea water, the fish would lose weight as water is lost from its body and it will die. Approximately 2% of all 21000 known species of fish migrate from freshwater to the sea from the sea to freshwater at some point in their lives. However, even these special varieties of fish need the transition to be gradual so that their bodies can adjust or else they will die from the change.

Alternatively, a marine fish would gain water in freshwater and die.

If you really wanna know the details I recommend you do some research of biology of fish.

How come fish make alot of slime can be more stressed and become weaker and go heaven?

er... common sense... they need alot of energy for their bodies to manufacture slime which acts as antibodies. If they are already weakened from diseases and still need to expend energy excessively, they die. Simple.

Symptoms of stress?? Same as you lah~ When humans stress might not eat, might bang head against wall, might suicide, might fall sick, might not recover from illness, etc etc etc~ Fish also like that lorr~ Put blackwater or ketanpang becos they release acids and minerals which simulate the betta's natural environment, hence relieving stress and encouraging recovery.

Old 24-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #192
KY Foong

I too kena this nonsence thing like bloody cob web. I read somewhere that tbx worms itself is quite clean. They do not carry disease (not as much as blood worms and daphnia). However they have to be keep clean. Sometimes we feed with rotting dead worms (mixed in what to do). Recently I put ice into my worms and use air bubbles, guessed it right! The water has been clear like tap water. No dead worms.
Warning! Those frozen blood worms carry disease too. Precaution is simply to keep your fish water clean and monitor closely. Look for signs of apetite loss and act fast.
Eh Kelvin, is this Koi medicine not avaliable else where or what?
Regards
KYFoong
Old 24-02-2003, 05:22 PM   #193
zhiz22
Endangered Dragon

kenneth may know where to get and what it contains. check in bcs forum
zhiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2003, 08:49 PM   #194
zhiz22
Endangered Dragon

hey nobody treat me lim kopi yet after treating yr fishes.....

anyway try this if anyone has any fish with white shit and not eating or already into dropsy stages.

Yellow Powder from Lam Hong + more salt + Anti internal bacteria (Interpet) and Ketapang leaves.
Old 25-02-2003, 12:49 AM   #195
bettabet

my handsomest ext red SD(HM in my opinion!) died within 8-12 hrs of an attack by some slime-like disease. night time i scooped out the shit fr bottom of tank and added some salt, fish was still healthy and happy... in the morning it had a white coating(not the typical cotton-like slime) on the body, fins were almost totally shrivelled into 1/3rd the original size. i immediately used a cocktail of methylene blue, melafix, and salt.after wrk, i got back, it was dead.

i've lost many gd fish from this vicious killer disease. it attacks suddenly and it kills fast, usu max of 2 days from the onslaught , the fish is dead.

i dun even know wat causes it, any one experienced it before?
Old 25-02-2003, 01:07 AM   #196
dusk_tofu

erm... you put too much salt so the fish lost alot of water which results in it shrivelling, and the white coat is the extra slime produced due to irritation by the salt? I just anyhow guess~ How much salt do you put anyways?
Old 25-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #197
bettabet

Thumbs down

i added abt a quarter teaspoon of salt during the night,can't remember if i absent mindedly added another 1 or 2 pinches more subsequently. The tank's a 6*6*8, 3/4 filled. if you are right, then capital punishment for me ...will take note of that next time.
Old 25-02-2003, 11:51 AM   #198
zhiz22
Endangered Dragon

my green med may have saved it....but still trying to find the source of that med
Old 25-02-2003, 01:16 PM   #199
dusk_tofu

Quote:
Originally posted by bettabet
i added abt a quarter teaspoon of salt during the night,can't remember if i absent mindedly added another 1 or 2 pinches more subsequently. The tank's a 6*6*8, 3/4 filled. if you are right, then capital punishment for me ...will take note of that next time.
eh... for pure freshwater fish, 1 small teaspoon in 6 litres is more than enough... for guppies, mollies and such can put alot more...

personally, i dun add salt unless the fish is sick cos see no point to needlessly irritate the fish lah~ even when sick for 3/4 filled i only add a small pinch lorr~
Old 25-02-2003, 01:18 PM   #200
zhiz22
Endangered Dragon

i always dump a few salt crystal in even tau huay container no problem le.