Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 04-06-2004, 09:58 PM   #21
helldust

Hi guys, wanna know how abt going to optimise the PS to work better, like giving out gd skimmate? where exactly should the water level be? cos i found the recommended water level stated on my 2012 far too low and the foam when reached the top become very dry. Anyone care to help, thks
Old 04-06-2004, 11:31 PM   #22
Jeffrey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by helldust
Hi guys, wanna know how abt going to optimise the PS to work better, like giving out gd skimmate? where exactly should the water level be? cos i found the recommended water level stated on my 2012 far too low and the foam when reached the top become very dry. Anyone care to help, thks
Where is your water level? What pump/rate you using?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:09 AM   #23
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey74
Bro, your sump looks kind of tight. What skimmer you intend to look for? Those better ones always big & bulky.
precisely, many skimmers cant fit in. most of the higher range skimmers hav big footprint.
i hav the schuran in mind. but currently trying 2 think of a place outside the cabinet 2 place my chiller. when tat happens, i will hav lots of space in my cabinet n i can go 4 a outsump skimmer.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:10 AM   #24
Ekia

there is this wavy line indicating water level... should we keep the water level there? or all the way up to the top just before the collection cup?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:11 AM   #25
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
Hey Bro DevilFire , I muz agree with u. My tank once registered high nitrate and found my skimmer not functioning properly...
good tat u discovered
Old 05-06-2004, 12:12 AM   #26
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by helldust
yeh, wat pump u using??
Old 05-06-2004, 12:12 AM   #27
Jeffrey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
there is this wavy line indicating water level... should we keep the water level there? or all the way up to the top just before the collection cup?
Since bro devilfire is here, I believe he will give you a good answer. Right devilfire?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:14 AM   #28
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
i had made many tunings on my 2013. i discovered tat maintaining the water level at the black connector gives me the best skimmate. some pushed it all the way juz below the cup.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:17 AM   #29
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey74
Since bro devilfire is here, I believe he will give you a good answer. Right devilfire?
pai seh leh, my answers might not b the best, as different reefers hav different opinion. but i will give watever tat is 2 my best knowledge.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:01 AM   #30
helldust

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
yeh, wat pump u using??
me using a weipro 2012 with weipro 3000 ph. i had been trying to tune it. however i discover that if i keep it at the recommended level the foam will never reach the cup . now i keeping the water level at ard the plastic ring top of the ring whereby you hang the skimmer on. foam starts to flow into the cup, but i find it too watery but the skimmate is quite dark in color.