Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Clementi Florist & Aquarium

Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Oh, slower development

Hi Plakatboy
Well, xbacks are much like chameleons. If you place a 6 to 8 or 9 inch xback in a black tank, it's intensity would improve at the expanse of the shine level. Pearlies will also develop slower. But this impact is only temporary if you change it's tank to a white one.

Likewise for over feeding till stomach is bloated , poor water quality and little or no lighting at all (6 to 8 hrs of overhead lighting is recommended) - all the above are very bad for young xbacks.

So a light blue tank is better than a dark blue tank. But a white tank is still the best, a black one, the worst (for a young xback).

Hope this helps.
Mrs Goh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plakatboy View Post
Hi, what would happen if young aros are kept in black fgt? Will the impact be permanent? Thanks
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #32
ranchulover_79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFI View Post
Hi Plakatboy
Well, xbacks are much like chameleons. If you place a 6 to 8 or 9 inch xback in a black tank, it's intensity would improve at the expanse of the shine level. Pearlies will also develop slower. But this impact is only temporary if you change it's tank to a white one.

Likewise for over feeding till stomach is bloated , poor water quality and little or no lighting at all (6 to 8 hrs of overhead lighting is recommended) - all the above are very bad for young xbacks.

So a light blue tank is better than a dark blue tank. But a white tank is still the best, a black one, the worst (for a young xback).

Hope this helps.
Mrs Goh
Can see that Mrs Goh indeed a helpful person, there is not much boss like u who is willing to share with the hobbyist.
ranchulover_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #33
fishncheap

Quote:
Hi Sean
Yes, like Luke had said, a 4 feet tank would be better. Otherwise, in a year or 1.5 years later, you may need a change of tank again.

In all cases, do not over feed a young xback in a black tank as its colour development might be seriously compromised.

All the best!
Mrs Goh
hi Mrs Goh

i new to arowana and currently having a AA+ royal blue since May this year.My Arowana deveploment is disappointing due to my inexperience. The body colour is gold and pinky and worst the pearly part is all pink at both side. i have put in all sort of medicine for one month already and now is slowly showing some sign of recovery. questions is
1) is there a time frame to develop their colour?
2) what caused the pinky colour and should i use external or internal medicine?
3) will the blue colour disappeared forever?

pls help...
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #34
lukeskwr
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishncheap View Post
hi Mrs Goh

i new to arowana and currently having a AA+ royal blue since May this year.My Arowana deveploment is disappointing due to my inexperience. The body colour is gold and pinky and worst the pearly part is all pink at both side. i have put in all sort of medicine for one month already and now is slowly showing some sign of recovery. questions is

pls help...
can u post a pic of ur aro if you dun mind?
lukeskwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #35
lukeskwr
Dragon

Quote:
Hi Aquaponics
Ok, I will try my best to answer your questions -

1. Would suggest you to re-paint your yellowish tank

2. Rose Gold to our farm but other farms call them Tong Yan or other names but basically the same fish ie Red x Xback Gold

3. A Rose Gold has Matt gold and thus it's intensity can never be compared to a 24K Gold (a pure Xback). Likewise, a pure xback is most unlikely to achieve the size of a Rose Gold. Thus, each has its own beauty, each to its own.

4. When most people say 'Gold Bar' they are most likely to refer to a Gold based xback, which in our farm case, would be a Pahang Gold or a 24K Gold.

Hope the above clarifies some or if not all of your doubts.

Mrs Goh
oh yes...pahang gold. another of my fav.
lukeskwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #36
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Er, a picture would help.

Hi Fishncheap
Frankly, I have yet to see pinkish pearlies ... Care to share a picture of this unique symptom?

AA+ are faster developers than grade AA. But good conditions for a young xback is still necessary to bring out the very best of its potential -

1. white tank (if not possible, at least a light blue tank) till 12 inches
2. 8-10 hours of overhead T5 white lights
3. no overfeeding till stomach become so so big
4. good water quality (ph 6.5 to 7, low Ammonia/Nitrite, high Dissolved oxygen etc)

Hope this helps.
Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishncheap View Post
hi Mrs Goh

pls help...
Old 03-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #37
ranchulover_79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi Fishncheap
Frankly, I have yet to see pinkish pearlies ... Care to share a picture of this unique symptom?

AA+ are faster developers than grade AA. But good conditions for a young xback is still necessary to bring out the very best of its potential -

1. white tank (if not possible, at least a light blue tank) till 12 inches
2. 8-10 hours of overhead T5 white lights
3. no overfeeding till stomach become so so big
4. good water quality (ph 6.5 to 7, low Ammonia/Nitrite, high Dissolved oxygen etc)

Hope this helps.
Mrs Goh
Hi Mrs Goh/fishnchip,

dont mind I cut in.
Saw the above points (2),Mr Goh, does it apply to other fish like ranchu?
White light better than blue light? Thank you.
ranchulover_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #38
coldblood
Arofanatic

Dear Mrs Goh,

Interested in the Rose Gold... but I have only a 3/1.5/1.5 as grow out... I have a 20plus inch red in my 6/3/3.... I guess it is not advisible to get the baby aro?
coldblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #39
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Pink lights?

Hi
I am no expert in Ranchus but I often use pink lights for Ranchus.

Cheers!
Mrs Goh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchulover_79 View Post
Hi Mrs Goh/fishnchip,

dont mind I cut in.
Saw the above points (2),Mr Goh, does it apply to other fish like ranchu?
White light better than blue light? Thank you.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #40
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Hi Coldblood
Well, 3 feet is 36 inches so I guess it is fine for a 7 inch fish. But about a year or 1.5 years later , you might have to change to a bigger tank. This is especially so when your tank width is only 18 inches, it might be a little too narrow for a 15 inch fish to make turnings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblood View Post
Dear Mrs Goh,

Thanks for the support!
Mrs Goh
Interested in the Rose Gold... but I have only a 3/1.5/1.5 as grow out... I have a 20plus inch red in my 6/3/3.... I guess it is not advisible to get the baby aro?