Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 01-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #41
takanori
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
yes, it's a gator I am talking about. I only have the after pic, sadly did not take a clear before picture. when it came it was spotless except for a couple faint spots on the fins.

I use a little coral chips. is it the ph or the kh that matters?
What you pay is what you get. No 5-figure price don't think of getting a full snow white. I also got a plat gar, but not top grade, also hope those dark mark don't worsen or further dark marks pop out.
takanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #42
Ben
Dragon

I feedbacked to lfs about the spots and he asked the supplier too. supplier said the spots emerge because I keep the fish in a white tank which causes the fish to become 'pale' and that's why can see the spots. he asked me to keep in a black tank and spots will go away in a few months. lfs said I can do a one-to-one exchange if the spots do not go away. my fish is about 18inches. my thinking is that if its a top grade fish, it should not be affected by tank color.

its been a month already, I do not see much improvements. I do not feel like waiting any longer and am thinking of doing the exchange now.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #43
Ben
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanori View Post
What you pay is what you get. No 5-figure price don't think of getting a full snow white. I also got a plat gar, but not top grade, also hope those dark mark don't worsen or further dark marks pop out.
that's true, I wouldn't be upset if what I paid for is a lower grade fish.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #44
abel
Dragon

Bro Ben, actually u shld try putting it in a black or blue tank and see whats the outcome... cause actually for big plat gator gar i've seen, all are in black or blue tank... interested to know the outcome too.. ..
abel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #45
Superfriends

Quote:
I feedbacked to lfs about the spots and he asked the supplier too. supplier said the spots emerge because I keep the fish in a white tank which causes the fish to become 'pale' and that's why can see the spots. he asked me to keep in a black tank and spots will go away in a few months. lfs said I can do a one-to-one exchange if the spots do not go away. my fish is about 18inches. my thinking is that if its a top grade fish, it should not be affected by tank color.

its been a month already, I do not see much improvements. I do not feel like waiting any longer and am thinking of doing the exchange now.
We are in it for the pleasure and treat this as a hobby, but if you constantly have this feeling, you should ask for a refund if i were you. As you pointed out you paid top dollar and didn't get what you expect, why wait for a few months to be happy. I agreed for top grade A, definitely above five digit sum, easily..
Old 02-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #46
Superfriends

Quote:

In fact, i know of plati grade A owners do not have this issue even in a clear tank, just that they don't post their comments here.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #47
Superfriends

Bro Ben, lfs offered you one on one exchange? How many plati gars they have??
Old 02-01-2014, 12:52 AM   #48
Ben
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel View Post
Bro Ben, actually u shld try putting it in a black or blue tank and see whats the outcome... cause actually for big plat gator gar i've seen, all are in black or blue tank... interested to know the outcome too.. ..
hey bro, how are you, long time never hear from you

I have 2 kakis who keep theirs in white tanks never have this issue leh
Old 02-01-2014, 12:54 AM   #49
Ben
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfriends View Post
Bro Ben, lfs offered you one on one exchange? How many plati gars they have??
the shop doesn't have it, they will get an exchange from the brokers in indo.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #50
Superfriends

Quote:
the shop doesn't have it, they will get an exchange from the brokers in indo.
Just do it bro, you paid top dollar you should expect top fish, for plati gar no such thing as influenced by tank colouration etc etc