Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 26-02-2005, 04:33 AM   #81
wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
i term full gold as : fully gold. Ideally .... but no fully gold fish in this world.. head part sure dark dark.. some dark color here and there.. but percentage of gold coverage is very high unlike normal cross back. so to be fully gold, the base color cannot be other color but gold.

blue based cross back, green based cross back.. gold based cross backs.. the color mentioned here is the adjective to the base. It tells you what color the base is but never tells you the gold coverage % of the entire fish.

This is my view.
since u said there's no fully gold fish, ??? then, full gold & gold base r defferent, ??? heheh i catch no ball liao lah

the difference is only on the base/core colour rite? then a gold base with blue/green base/core( never tells u the gold coverage?) also gold base? sigh i think i'm rite to tui chu long jie, getting more & more confuse liao lah.

wrx

Last edited by wrx; 26-02-2005 at 04:42 AM.

Old 27-02-2005, 01:50 AM   #82
fong
Dragon

full = having a great deal or many (as per dictionary.com)

So subsitute full into the phrase ... full gold arowana = having a great deal of gold arowana. So you can ask yourself how can a cross back has a great deal of gold? The answers I gather are:
1) It has to have a great deal of gold on the scale. This would mean it has to be a gold base arowana. Coz a green based or blue based or purple based cross back will not have a greater deal of gold as compared to a gold based.
2) It has to have a great deal of gold on the body.To achieve that, it has to cross completely to the sixth level and having a gold based.
3) As for the head part : the gold has to be gold completely too.. but you know that is not so possible.

That is why to be a full gold xback, the fish has to be gold based.

I just analysed it myself. Could be wrong but to me, this is the most logical explanation.

Sorry i didnt get what you mean by "then a gold base with blue/green base/core( never tells u the gold coverage?) " ? When i mean gold based, it should have a base color like the attached pic. Will not have blue/green color on the scale eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx
since u said there's no fully gold fish, ??? then, full gold & gold base r different, ??? heheh i catch no ball liao lah

the difference is only on the base/core colour rite? then a gold base with blue/green base/core( never tells u the gold coverage?) also gold base? sigh ...

wrx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full gold.jpg (12.6 KB, 532 views)

Last edited by fong; 27-02-2005 at 02:02 AM.
Old 27-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #83
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx
to me, i define xb into gold base, blue base, green base ( quite rare nowaday but in the old day, this is consider lower grade xb ) & half gold bule/green xb.

a gold base xb to me is full gold, regardless of wat colour base xb it is, the rim, is definately gold. the defferent is the core colour. a gold rim xb with gold core? ??? should be wat xb? to me is a full gold, a gold rim ( thick ) with blue/green core ( regardless of whether deep or light ), is a half blue/green xback. a rold rim ( thin of course ) with blue or green base core, is a blue or green base xb.

wrx

Yes, straight forward answer....no fancy name or self created terms.

We should take this as a benchmark for classifying XB....not matter what name the farm sell as.
Old 27-02-2005, 06:48 AM   #84
vic
Dragon

Quote:

So subsitute full into the phrase ... full gold arowana = having a great deal of gold arowana. So you can ask yourself how can a cross back has a great deal of gold? The answers I gather are:

1) It has to have a great deal of gold on the scale. This would mean it has to be a gold base arowana. Coz a green based or blue based or purple based cross back will not have a greater deal of gold as compared to a gold based.

2) It has to have a great deal of gold on the body.To achieve that, it has to cross completely to the sixth level and having a gold based.

3) As for the head part : the gold has to be gold completely too.. but you know that is not so possible.

I just analysed it myself. Could be wrong but to me, this is the most logical explanation.
Aiyah wrong again...

Point 1...."Coz a green based or blue based or purple based cross back will not have a greater deal of gold as compared to a gold based"....the yr 2000 pics I posted in page 7 is a young blue based XB...after two yrs....didnt it has a greater deal of gold?? Is it not considered a full gold now??

So is the fish gold based then? its not...its a blue based XB with thick frame becoming full gold as it grows up.

A gold based XB will be a full gold as it grows up but a blue/green/etc coloured based may/may not necessary be a full gold when it reach adult.
Old 27-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #85
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
Aiyah wrong again...

Point 1...."Coz a green based or blue based or purple based cross back will not have a greater deal of gold as compared to a gold based"....the yr 2000 pics I posted in page 7 is a young blue based XB...after two yrs....didnt it has a greater deal of gold?? Is it not considered a full gold now??
I have posted a pic by Winkelhock on a full gold xb (think bro Winkelhock knows how to define a full gold coz I agree the pic he posted is a full gold to me) I have also reposted your yr 2000 pic which you claimed is a full gold.

My answer is your yr 2000 pic fish indeed has a greater deal of gold two years later.look again bro, to be a full gold, the gold has to be a greater deal. The increments of gold of the 2000 yr pic does not qualify the fish to be a full gold. reason is very simple, many parts of the scale is still not cover with gold lah.

you think full gold so easy to get? Where got so easy. most cross backs gold will migrate inwards. The migration will not reach the other end of the scale and will stop somewhere before reaching the end. That 2000 yr pic fish you posted doubt can make it looking at the color procession. That piece the base color is not complete gold.. a bit of blue also right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
So is the fish gold based then? its not...its a blue based XB with thick frame becoming full gold as it grows up.

A gold based XB will be a full gold as it grows up but a blue/green/etc coloured based may/may not necessary be a full gold when it reach adult.

Get ur fact rite.
I said so many times in this thread. Go back and read my posting again. I said, when people tell you that this small fish is a gold base,whether the base color then is blue or green.fish, his preception is the fish will grow up will be a gold based inregardless of what color the based is then. The base color can change as the fish matures. I am trying to illustrate the point that a blue based fish can be a full gold also... coz many blue based will not turn out full gold..Also trying to illustrate whether the fish is full gold or not will depend on the eventual turning of the base to gold. I also use the word eventual because it implies the final outcome of the fish. So your phrase " a gold based xb will be a full gold as it grows up but a blue/green/etc coloured based may/may not necessary be a full gold when it reach adult" is what said and i completely agree to that coz that was my original thinking and tot that was what you are debating about. At last you are listening.

Your phrase on the yr 2000 "the fish gold based then? its not...its a blue based XB with thick frame becoming full gold as it grows up." Think you are wrong on that. Unlikely this fish will be a full gold. This piece looks quite old liao.. the 6 level scale cant make it to gold base. Anyway, let the member see for themselve. You still have a long way to go in telling whether the fish will be a full gold. I believe the book say said will be a full gold right? But i dont think so.

About "getting your facts right" statement... you always preached about not getting personal, but you are doing it again. This kind of statement not very good to use in during discussion. Anyway, I can only say let the member decide who is right. I also could be wrong you know.

These two pic... the first pic is a already a full gold. The second pic Vic say will be a full gold.. but I say cant make it to be a full gold cos the sixth level scale will not be much gold based.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winkelhock.jpg (1.8 KB, 521 views)
File Type: jpg vic.jpg (42.9 KB, 525 views)

Last edited by fong; 27-02-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 27-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #86
wrx

Quote:

You tio chu long jian ? but your contribution to many people here is enuff to keep your name "ming liu zian xi" liao...

Sorry i didnt get what you mean by "then a gold base with blue/green base/core( never tells u the gold coverage?) " ? When i mean gold based, it should have a base color like the attached pic. Will not have blue/green color on the scale eventually.
i tui chu long jie mean, i my self no more keeping aro, no more selling & buying, or even, lost interest in aro liao.

howcome i still express some of my view here? because i care about friends here, i was ever a hobbyist, then became investor in aro, then, dealer, then tui chu long jie. through out the time, the THING i said r THE SAME.

keeping aro should be simple, because of some business need, it became complicated. aro is unlike discus, guppy etc. breeding stock hard to find, breeding cycle takes very long time, offsbring also takes very time growing up to c how it will turn out to be. so, if u were to grade them like discus, guppy? u can, but no way at the moment.

try to simplify it, comment like farm tell u this is wat, it will turn out to be wat, is very misleading, NOT every hobbyist is as old bird as u. i know u hv transform yr self from hobbyist into investor, still, i think is better to post from a hobbyist's point of view.

wrx

Last edited by wrx; 27-02-2005 at 01:24 PM.

Old 27-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #87
vic
Dragon

Quote:

I said so many times in this thread. Go back and read my posting again. I said, when people tell you that this small fish is a gold base,whether the base color then is blue or green.fish, his preception is the fish will grow up will be a gold based inregardless of what color the based is then. The base color can change as the fish matures. I am trying to illustrate the point that a blue based fish can be a full gold also... coz many blue based will not turn out full gold..Also trying to illustrate whether the fish is full gold or not will depend on the eventual turning of the base to gold. I also use the word eventual because it implies the final outcome of the fish. So your phrase " a gold based xb will be a full gold as it grows up but a blue/green/etc coloured based may/may not necessary be a full gold when it reach adult" is what said and i completely agree to that coz that was my original thinking and tot that was what you are debating about. .
Dun think u are learning anything....in fact I think u r one of the most stubborn person I have ever come across.

Already mentioned countless time based colour of the fish cannot change. .

Quote:
Your phrase on the yr 2000 "the fish gold based then? its not...its a blue based XB with thick frame becoming full gold as it grows up." Think you are wrong on that. Unlikely this fish will be a full gold. This piece looks quite old liao.. the 6 level scale cant make it to gold base. Anyway, let the member see for themselve. I believe the book say said will be a full gold right? But i dont think so. .
but can say the 2002 pic I posted is a thin framed XB. If this pc is not going to be a full gold...then what kind of XB is that?? The book is in Japanese, btw.

Quote:
Anyway, I can only say let the member decide who is right. I also could be wrong you know.

These two pic... the first pic is a already a full gold. The second pic Vic say will be a full gold.. but I say cant make it to be a full gold cos the sixth level scale will not be much gold based.

Ur interpretion is really confusing the hobbyist here.

What do u mean by 6th level will not be much gold based?? The crossing of the 6th level is gold.
Old 27-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #88
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx
try to simplify it, comment like farm tell u this is wat, it will turn out to be wat, is very misleading, NOT every hobbyist is as old bird as u. i know u hv transform yr self from hobbyist into investor, still, i think is better to post from a hobbyist's point of view.
wrx
Goh,
Is the highlighted lines the scale frame of the fish or not. A "yes" or "no" answer. If yes, has it shifted as the color progresses? Again, "yes" or "no" answer. If you are not sure if this is a frame and your answer is this is not a frame, than i got nothing to say. When you want to put across a view, put in facts and figures, say things implying I am a invester/hobbyist will not lead us anywhere in this discussion. Coz a person has to be impartial that is important, not whether if he is a hobblyist or invester.

If the highlighted "frames" are indeed scale frame, the Vic theory on widening of frame and all his theories on "base color will not change" does not hold water. Coz, the frame never did widen. Not only this photo, there are many photo in the gallery that shows the frame never widen as the color progresses. The color developement has covered the frame as it travels inwards. Theframe never travel with the color. A picture paints a thousand words. This is the bottomline.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frame.jpg (43.9 KB, 506 views)

Last edited by fong; 27-02-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 27-02-2005, 05:43 PM   #89
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Goh,
Is the highlighted lines the scale frame of the fish or not. A "yes" or "no" answer. If yes, has it shifted as the color progresses? Again, "yes" or "no" answer. If you are not sure if this is a frame and your answer is this is not a frame, than i got nothing to say. When you want to put across a view, put in facts and figures, say things implying I am a invester/hobbyist will not lead us anywhere in this discussion. Coz a person has to be impartial that is important, not whether if he is a hobblyist or invester.

If the highlighted "frames" are indeed scale frame, the Vic theory on widening of frame and all his theories on "base color will not change" does not hold water. Coz, the frame never did widen. Not only this photo, there are many photo in the gallery that shows the frame never widen as the color progresses. This is the bottomline.
U kept saying the frame never widen but when I throw u the 2000 pic and ask u is it a thin framed XB u keep avoiding the question. Why leh??

Old 27-02-2005, 05:48 PM   #90
fong
Dragon

I wont be replying to anyone on this topic anymore. What is said has been said. No point arguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
U kept saying the frame never widen but when I throw u the 2000 pic and ask u is it a thin framed XB u keep avoiding the question. Why leh??