Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > GreenChapter

Old 19-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

now CRS become stronger? i used to keep CRS B grades at 26 - 27C and its not very successful.. u shown pics of mosuras and high grade CRS and say recommanded temp is 26 - 27C so now they are able to survive and breed in 26 - 27C tank? please advice. thanks.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
GreenChapter

AFC Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
now CRS become stronger? i used to keep CRS B grades at 26 - 27C and its not very successful.. u shown pics of mosuras and high grade CRS and say recommanded temp is 26 - 27C so now they are able to survive and breed in 26 - 27C tank? please advice. thanks.
Hi, please note the comments with the last post of shrimps pictures.

For CRS, yes, you will need colder temperature for higher success. I've edited the temperature info (1st Post) to be slightly more specific, sorry for any confusion casued. Basically, this is an entry level guide to get people kick started with a shrimp tank.

When you say not very successful, what did you not succeed? In terms of keeping them alive, breed or achieve good color?

Office / 565 Macpherson Rd #01-00 S368234
Website / www.greenchapter.com Email / sales@greenchapter.com Tel / 6775 7376

Last edited by GreenChapter; 19-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.
GreenChapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

thanks for your quick reply, if i remember correctly, my CRS did not breed much and shrimplets survival rate is very low.. but they are able to survive well.. i remember buying a few S grades and they were not doing very well.

i was wondering if by adding those additives thats available in the market now will it improve the success rate significantly or temperature is ultimately the most important factor to successfully breed CRS? when i mean successfully breed them meaning the shrimplets are able to grow up and reproduce.
Old 19-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #14
GreenChapter

AFC Associate

Yes, CRS products do helps, but temperature plays an important factor in shrimps and shrimplet survival rate.

Some products can help to improve the condition of a shrimps tank when high temperature has adversely affect on a tank. When a tank is affected marginally, such products can help. But I am not saying it will do magic like making crs breed at 30C.

For example, MOSURA Old Sea Mud Powder, when particularly layed in the gravel, helps to adsorb H2S which is commonly found in an old tank. H2S is toxic to live form. And with rising or fluctuating temperature, H2S can leak to the water column. However, with Old Sea Mud Powder used, it can help to minimize the leak. If you are facing this situation in an aged tank but do not want to disturb the sandbed, you can also dose the powder in small dosage, directly into the water on a constant basis. Check out the various products that are capable of eliminating H2S, absorb radicals and toxics.

Another product, MOSURA BT-9, is what I can think of that will work particularly well to counteract problems arise at high temperature. As one may know, toxic like NH3/4 is more potent at higher temperature. The beneficial bacteria is capable of removing toxic and making the tank a better and safer enviroment for shrimps and shrimplets to live in. When condition of harsh enviroment is reduced, shrimplets will be able to survive better.

Last edited by GreenChapter; 20-08-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 19-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

thanks for explaining.. might lay my hands of CRS again if i have the chance.
Old 20-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
Kalimantan

what is the "usual" cost of setting a beginner tank with those necessities ?
Old 20-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #17
Aerosmith

Nice informative post
Old 21-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #18
GreenChapter

AFC Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalimantan View Post
what is the "usual" cost of setting a beginner tank with those necessities ?
hi

To set up an, example, 60×30×36cm tank, you will need:
- 2 x 2 bags of soil to achieve around 5cm thickness ($46 x 2) = $92 sgd
- 1 x Mineral Powder = $10.50 sgd
- 1 x BENIBACHI Super Bacterium Bee Max. Just use half to sprinkle below substrate and leave the half for future use = $26.50
-------------------
TOTAL: 129 sgd

Optionalli, you can also add:
- BENIBACHI Crimson Bee Ball (紅蜂ボール) as a mineral releasing filter ball to absorb ammonia and nitrate - $46
- BENIBACHI ZEROα to absorb ammonia and nitrate - $21
- BENIBACHI Fulvic Grain to control the pH/GH, add to top of substrate or filter - $17.60
-------------------
TOTAL: 84.60 sgd

Old 20-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #19
jeffteo
Arofanatic

Good information. Thanks.

Should had search around more before I embark on my CRS journey and will not have so much casualty.
jeffteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
Spiritofthesoul

Nice guide!