Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
BettaCloud

Default Sharing 1 Product for Cycling Tank, need comments.

Greetings everyone.

I have a tank which recently got blasted by green water and was told by LFS it is due to sunlight entering the tank. My parameter went haywired and my few poor shrimps died from it. I have 3 bridgatte (or how-so spelled) and 1 cherry shrimp left from the attack. i used to do 30-50% water change but the green water came back still. this time round, with the intention of restarting my tank, I did a 100% water change to clear off the green water and whatsoever toxic that may be in the tank.

I know many of you cycled your tank for weeks to build up the nitrifying bacteria beneficial for the tank. However, recently i spotted this product off shelf and decided to try it out.

The name of the item is Microbe Lift Nite Out II. It was stated that it contains the nitrifying bacteria required to keep ammonia and nitrites low.

What i did was to add the prescribed dosage of Nite Out II and some beneficial bacteria to kick start the cycling effect. Anyway, I thought so no harm since i'm restarting the tank.

A few days after the water change, I checked the water parameter,

ph - 7
ammonia - 0ppm
nitrite - 0ppm
nitrate - around 10

have not checked gh/kh as i havent buy the test kit yet. thus far it proved to work well, my last cherry shrimp has since recovered from its letharginess and is more active with the clean water. It has been more than a week and I will be doing another testing soon.

I would like to hear from all of you if you have heard about this product or used this product. Is this a good product to use?
Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Koji™
Account Disabled

Your water reading is still not final. If cycling is that fast then this product already long ago very pop.

Just be patience.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
BettaCloud

Yup, will be doing more reading during these time. bro koji, any comments on this product? Hv u used or heard abt it?
Old 26-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
MicrobeLiftScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Your water reading is still not final. If cycling is that fast then this product already long ago very pop.

Just be patience.
Cycling is that fast. Nite-Out II is one of our 2 top selling products worldwide. The bacteria is capable of cycling a system full of fish in as little as 4 hours. It works in fresh or saltwater. It is best to use it together with Special Blend to immediately colonize the system with waste degraders, nitrifiers, and denitrifiers for a completely balanced biological filter.
Old 27-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
jamiex09

Just need 4 hours to cycle a tank?? New tank? That's fast...
Old 27-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrobeLiftScot View Post
Cycling is that fast. Nite-Out II is one of our 2 top selling products worldwide. The bacteria is capable of cycling a system full of fish in as little as 4 hours. It works in fresh or saltwater. It is best to use it together with Special Blend to immediately colonize the system with waste degraders, nitrifiers, and denitrifiers for a completely balanced biological filter.
No offence hahaha i've read your official site recommendation. And i've also secretly bought your cycling kit product frankly i can't see much of the speedy cycle....... it said. It came to the stage where i was like damn and just pour the whole small bottle in..... . Maybe a demonstration of how effective this product can be will do everyone good (As the saying goes seeing with the own eye will beat a thousand words use. My frank opinion also incase you wonder i didn't bought off the shelf from any LFS i order thru email and have arrange to sent to the lft and i collected it there.

Service of company - 10/10
Product - 5/10 <---i have use but not effective so i give it a benefit of doubt and put 5.
Old 28-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
JeffL
Arofanatic

have read in a few websites that such BB helps to speed up the cycle time but will end up with a unstable tank.

i think the natural way still the best
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
hardric

I tried it before. It worked for me. Then again, I was cycling for fish and there were only like 7-8 platies in a 2 feet tank. But the parameters were very stable for a few months now.
Old 29-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #9
hellomyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
No offence hahaha i've read your official site recommendation. And i've also secretly bought your cycling kit product frankly i can't see much of the speedy cycle....... it said. It came to the stage where i was like damn and just pour the whole small bottle in..... . Maybe a demonstration of how effective this product can be will do everyone good (As the saying goes seeing with the own eye will beat a thousand words use. My frank opinion also incase you wonder i didn't bought off the shelf from any LFS i order thru email and have arrange to sent to the lft and i collected it there.

Service of company - 10/10
Product - 5/10 <---i have use but not effective so i give it a benefit of doubt and put 5.
Thanks for sharing, lucky i manage to convince myself to wait out
Old 29-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #10
MicrobeLiftScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
have read in a few websites that such BB helps to speed up the cycle time but will end up with a unstable tank.

i think the natural way still the best
If you use both the Special Blend and Nite-Out II together you eliminate the instability problems that can occur when just adding nitrifiers.