Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 06-06-2015, 10:53 AM   #141
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFS_313 View Post
Hi QH,

I just bought Hydra Stream 3 and when i installed it, there's leakage at the inlet and top part of the body.
I already tried to put the O ring as advised in the earlier part of this forum but it still leaks.
I tried to attach the video for a better picture of the condition but I cant.
Please advise. Thank u.

Hi Bro,

Thanks a lot for your purchase and we are sorry that you have faced some problem with water leakage. Kindly do bring it back to our farm retail department and we will change another new unit for you if there is a manufactured defect. Thanks a lot.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:05 AM   #142
hawksight200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Hi bro,

Sorry for my late reply due to a busy week with Aquarama 2015. Thanks a lot for your compliment and suggestion and in fact we do have a bigger unit that is specially customized for large pond or farm usage. But because it is for commercial use, we did not advertise it. I will try to take a photo of it and post it up here for everyone to take a look at it.
hay qian i look forward to hearing more once you have the details thanks for getting back to me stewart

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
hawksight200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:44 AM   #143
MFS_313

Quote:
Hi Bro,

Thanks a lot for your purchase and we are sorry that you have faced some problem with water leakage. Kindly do bring it back to our farm retail department and we will change another new unit for you if there is a manufactured defect. Thanks a lot.
Appreciate your reply and good customer service in ensuring that we are always happy with your good products.
Besides hydra stream, i am also using Aqua Zonic tanning light of length 6ft which i also bought together with the hydra stream.
May I know is it waterproof as stated on the box itself? Because after i put into my tank just a few days, I saw water seeping inside the LED tube. I was worried that it may result electricution to my comm arowanas and quickly take it out.
As you can see that I am a loyal customer to QH products be it OF or AZ since I started my fish keeping hobby. Appreciate if you could look into this as poor products may lose your customers trust.
Thank you.
MFS_313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 10:16 AM   #144
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFS_313 View Post
Appreciate your reply and good customer service in ensuring that we are always happy with your good products.
Besides hydra stream, i am also using Aqua Zonic tanning light of length 6ft which i also bought together with the hydra stream.
May I know is it waterproof as stated on the box itself? Because after i put into my tank just a few days, I saw water seeping inside the LED tube. I was worried that it may result electricution to my comm arowanas and quickly take it out.
As you can see that I am a loyal customer to QH products be it OF or AZ since I started my fish keeping hobby. Appreciate if you could look into this as poor products may lose your customers trust.
Thank you.
Hi Bro,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback and we will look into this problem and improve on the quality of our product. Once again, thanks a lot for your continuous support.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 21-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #145
vadriewyn
Arofanatic

Hi, I have a 422 tank coming and would like your professional opinion on the Hydra 50. Given the 1000lph flow rate, is it advisible to run 2 x Hydra 50 with no other forms of filtration in my tank?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
vadriewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 12:12 PM   #146
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadriewyn View Post
Hi, I have a 422 tank coming and would like your professional opinion on the Hydra 50. Given the 1000lph flow rate, is it advisible to run 2 x Hydra 50 with no other forms of filtration in my tank?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Hi,

The flow rate indication is the amount of water that will flow through Hydra 50 and this is just a guideline to enable user to determine the appropriate size for their tank volume as usually it is advisable to have at least 3 - 4 times the flow turn over rate. However, it should take not also on the number of live stocks that is being kept in the tank and the level of bio load.

It is possible to just use Hydra 50 alone as the main filtering as it comes with a mechanical sponge as well to trap the debris and cata-pure is to detoxify the water perimeter but if the tank is heavily stocks up, 1 unit of Hydra 50 might not be sufficient and like what you have proposed using 2 units to support the toxic build-up but the mechanical application part might not be able to perform the job up to your expectation.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 25-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #147
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Hi bro,

Sorry for my late reply due to a busy week with Aquarama 2015. Thanks a lot for your compliment and suggestion and in fact we do have a bigger unit that is specially customized for large pond or farm usage. But because it is for commercial use, we did not advertise it. I will try to take a photo of it and post it up here for everyone to take a look at it.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 05-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #148
CJunioR255

Hi QH, im interested to try using a Hydra 30 as a spare/backup filter in my 3ft with sump as well as keep my phosphates under control and say no to algae.
There are 2 scenarios that I am thinking about using the hydra 30 and hope u can ans some queries about the scenarios.

1)putting at main tank to act as backup in case return pump fails. In this setup, since i assume majority of the ammonia/nitrites are alrdy detoxified/converted by the hydra since its so effective, will my BB colony get smaller since theres lesser food for them? I understand from previous FAQs that toxins from the water will still make it down to my media to feed the BB, but since theres lesser food for them, will my BB get lesser, and less able to handle the bioload if the Hydra fails? I want to prevent a 'crash' situation since the hydra is supposed to play backup instead of being the main filter that will jeopardise my tank if it fails.

2)U mentioned that the hydra is recommended to be placed in the last compartment in the sump. I understand the benefits are nitrate and phosphate control, and reduction of the residual toxins that slipped past the filter medias. But the benefits seems significantly lesser in this placement due to the hydra basically doing nth but nitrate and phosphate control, as a good sump and media shud be able to cope with the toxins in the water. Can u tell me any other benefits? Or is this placement simply a recommendation for those who wish to place the hydra in their sump instead of main tank?

Hope u can answer my long winded questions soon, and TIA for taking the trouble to read my WOT and replying.
CJunioR255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #149
CJunioR255

There was also a case where a hobbyist bought 2 hydra 30 when it first came out. One worked normally and the other one had some problems and heated the water to 32-34 degrees which killed some of his fishes.

Can u pls address this issue? Did u guys find out the cause? Is the problem rectified in the newer hydra design?
CJunioR255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 01:50 PM   #150
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJunioR255 View Post
Hi QH, im interested to try using a Hydra 30 as a spare/backup filter in my 3ft with sump as well as keep my phosphates under control and say no to algae.
There are 2 scenarios that I am thinking about using the hydra 30 and hope u can ans some queries about the scenarios.

1)putting at main tank to act as backup in case return pump fails. In this setup, since i assume majority of the ammonia/nitrites are alrdy detoxified/converted by the hydra since its so effective, will my BB colony get smaller since theres lesser food for them? I understand from previous FAQs that toxins from the water will still make it down to my media to feed the BB, but since theres lesser food for them, will my BB get lesser, and less able to handle the bioload if the Hydra fails? I want to prevent a 'crash' situation since the hydra is supposed to play backup instead of being the main filter that will jeopardise my tank if it fails.

2)U mentioned that the hydra is recommended to be placed in the last compartment in the sump. I understand the benefits are nitrate and phosphate control, and reduction of the residual toxins that slipped past the filter medias. But the benefits seems significantly lesser in this placement due to the hydra basically doing nth but nitrate and phosphate control, as a good sump and media shud be able to cope with the toxins in the water. Can u tell me any other benefits? Or is this placement simply a recommendation for those who wish to place the hydra in their sump instead of main tank?

Hope u can answer my long winded questions soon, and TIA for taking the trouble to read my WOT and replying.
Hi bro,

Sorry for my late reply and kindly do see my reply below and hope that it will clear your doubts regards to Hydra.

As Hydra can quickly convert NH3 to NH4+ which is less toxic for the fishes, this will also act as “food” source for the BB in your media and therefore it will not actually caused the BB to reduce significantly. And moreover, the fish is constantly being feed and releasing bio waste in the tank, there will always be some NH3 and other nutrients presence in the tank. BB also reproduce by binary division, so they double themselves in 15-20hours. If Hydra fails, it will not cause a crash.

The placement of the Hydra in the last compartment in the sump tank is more or less a recommendation as some user do not like to have any device in the main tank. Coming back to your question whether will a good sump and media be able to cope with the toxins in the water, I will say it is possible, but having said this, the BB in the media will need time to break down the toxins and it is not instantaneous, therefore, there will be still chances that it will slip pass the media and back into the tank and we also understand that the BB is not free floating in the water but rather they are home at the media. Beside NH3, NO2 and PO4, Hydra is able to detoxify other toxins which are present in the water thus will helps to create a much safer environment for the fishes whereby BB main function is to helps in the nitrogen cycle. Overall, Hydra will help you to reduce your water change frequency and saves water.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950