Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 07-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
jamiex09

Default Sulawesi??

I was shopping for Blue Bee Shrimps at a LFS, my friend took one pack of blue bees, and when I took another pack, after taking a quick look at the color and size, I bought it, thinking it was Blue Bees, there were 2 of the shrimps inside the bag...

I released it into my tank of CRS, and they went straight into hiding...After a couple of days, the supposedly blue bee shrimps appeared, and after taking a closer look, I think it is a Sulawesi!

I was getting worried and thought, oh no, they are gonna die, the waters are not right for them in my CRS tank...but surprisingly, they survived for 2 weeks...still active...hence, I decided to rehome them into my Rilis tank, as the PH is higher, around 7.5-8, whilst the CRS tank is at PH 7. and I have added a coral into my Rilis tank recently...

Can anyone help me ID which species of Sulawesi is this, or is it not a Sulawesi? It looks like the orange delight to me, but the color is almost purple...

Sorry for the poor photo quality....

Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #2
jamiex09

I forgot to add, the temp in my Rilis tank are a little higher, which is better for Sulawesi.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
avex30

I saw them too in lfs most of lfs say it is blue berry but if look closely you can see spot on their body light colour spot. What i saw have different colour ranging from dark dull orange - dark blue in colour i suspect they are sulawesi also but can't confirm maybe Master Silane can enlighten what spieces are this.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
hellomyfriend

is it chocolate? just my wild guess. let's wait for shifu and shixiong to enlighten
Old 07-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
jamiex09

I think this is a Orange Delight Sulawesi...my guess it's definitely more to Cardinal species...

My pics quite blur, I try to take clearer pics tonite...

But the shape of the body is excatly the same as Orange Delight, and it has dots on its body too...
Old 09-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
SeahSengYong
Arofanatic

I think is sulawesi orange delight.
The picture not very clear.
You see if there is spots on the body.
SeahSengYong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
_kai_
Dragon

From websites i researched last time, this looks to me like an orange delight. I have yet to add one of these guys in my tank, but i have stopped collecting as something is wrong with my condiitons and i mnust fix it...Nice catch tho
_kai_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
Sulawesi

Are they still surviving?
Old 25-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #9
jamiex09

Hi yes still surviving. I've redone my 2 tanks into Sulawesi homes now

I started buying cardinals, mini blue bees aka orange delight, harlequins, red orchids, starry nights and they are all beautiful.
Though I've a few casualties in the beginning stage, mostly the harlequins, I believe things are starting to get more stable now (touchwood).

But I'll stop harlequins for now, too sensitive.
Once I get more success than I may consider to get again.

Thanks.