Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #171
cool79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Regarding Hydro-Pure Technology Products (Hydra Internal Filter and Hydra Stream Adapter), we believe, the below simpler explanation would be better for the hobbyist:

Hydro Pure Technology works on a AOP (Advance Oxidation Process) to generate large quantities of Hydroxyl radicals (OH-) in the water.

In the typical aquarium water, equilibrium is maintained as per the below balanced equation.

Meaning, if we have more Hydroxyl OH- being produced (right side), then we should have more toxic NH3 being converted to non-toxic NH4+, in order to keep the equation balanced on the left and right side.

In short, Hydra’s main and immediate capability is to first, convert toxic NH3 to non-toxic NH4+. And with further complex Hydroxyl (OH-)radical reactions within the water, the eventual outcome is Nitrogen(N2) and water(H2O). Within the process, harmful Nitrites are also accelerated to less harmful nitrates, then to Nitrogen.

Some people will argue that NH4+ is also toxic for fishes. But it is true only if NH4+ is present in much more amounts, which is rarely possible.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Most of the Aquatic test kits in the market (API, Tetra, Seachem…etc), they are only able to test for “TAN” (Total Ammonia Nitrogen), the reading takes in all Nitrogen reading with includes both NH3 and NH4+. So with Hydra working to push up NH4+, these test kits will still give a high reading. If you have a test kit that strictly only test for NH3, we are sure the level will be low due to Hydra. And NH4+ will be quickly breaks down to nitrite then to nitrate to complete the cycle.

My ammonia is currently 0, but the nitrites and nitrates are not. Nitrites is 0.5 and nitrates is 20.

Shouldn't the 3 elements be 0 after nearly a month of running them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cool79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #172
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool79 View Post
My ammonia is currently 0, but the nitrites and nitrates are not. Nitrites is 0.5 and nitrates is 20.

Shouldn't the 3 elements be 0 after nearly a month of running them?

Hi,

As the fish will be releasing biowaste at times of the day, therefore it is not really possible to achieve 0 reading for nitrates as the ammonia and nitrites are quickly being broken down in the process. And also the reading might varies when it is being taken at different time of the day. However, hydra will be able to speed up the breaking down process as the reaction from the cata pure is almost instant when the water flow pass the hydra.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #173
cool79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi,

As the fish will be releasing biowaste at times of the day, therefore it is not really possible to achieve 0 reading for nitrates as the ammonia and nitrites are quickly being broken down in the process. And also the reading might varies when it is being taken at different time of the day. However, hydra will be able to speed up the breaking down process as the reaction from the cata pure is almost instant when the water flow pass the hydra.

So I should take the water from the output of the hydra and measure? I reckon it would be roughly the same reading.

cool79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #174
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool79 View Post
So I should take the water from the output of the hydra and measure? I reckon it would be roughly the same reading.

Hi,

Yes, it will roughly be the same reading as nitrates is after nitrites which was broken down from ammonia. Therefore it is not able to achieve 0 reading but only keep it at a min or safe level unless there is no live stocks in the fish tank. Even if it is so, there is still organic substances from the air environment and this will also resulting the nitrogen cycle to take place but at min reading as the decomposition is not that high.

You may want to try to switch off the hydra for a few days if you want to notice the difference but however, kindly be reminded that we will not be able to bear the responsible if there is a sudden spike or increased in the reading which is harmful to your live stocks in this experiment that is being carry out.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 19-06-2014, 01:11 AM   #175
deshun
Arofanatic

does Qian Hu sell the replacement cartridge for hydra 50?
deshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #176
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshun View Post
does Qian Hu sell the replacement cartridge for hydra 50?
Hi bro,

So sorry that we had currently run out of stocks for the replacement cartridges. The new shipment will approximately arrive in mid July. I will keep you posted once the stocks arrive and once again sorry for the inconveniences caused.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 08-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #177
markie

Hi QH,

I have installed Hydra 30 into my tank (100cm x 40cm x 25cm) of 7 goldfishes.
This is about 20 gallons of water.
The tank has been running for more than a week.
I tested the nitrite and nitrate level and they are both very high.
I did not bother testing ammonia since you say most test kit measures total ammonia and the test is not meaningful unless I can find one that test just NH4.

My questions:
1. Is my tank cycled already?
2. Why nitrite and nitrate are so high?
3. Is hydra 30 enough, so I get another hydra 30?

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #178
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Hi QH,

I have installed Hydra 30 into my tank (100cm x 40cm x 25cm) of 7 goldfishes.
This is about 20 gallons of water.
The tank has been running for more than a week.
I tested the nitrite and nitrate level and they are both very high.
I did not bother testing ammonia since you say most test kit measures total ammonia and the test is not meaningful unless I can find one that test just NH4.

My questions:
1. Is my tank cycled already?
2. Why nitrite and nitrate are so high?
3. Is hydra 30 enough, so I get another hydra 30?

Thanks.
Hi bro,

Hydra 30’s flow rate is applicable for 100L tank which you have.
As for the Hydra’s detoxification efficiency it will also dependent on the number of fishes, size of fishes and amount of feeding (Bio-loading).
Hydra’s technology helps in detoxifying the water, removing toxic ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate by acceleration of the nitrification and de-nitrification process(without beneficial bacteria).

For other filtration system, cycling is necessary to build up the beneficial bacteria before you put in fishes.
For Hydra’s technology, you can put in the fishes right after the water is de-chlorinated and acclimatized. There is no need for any beneficial bacteria to build up since Hydra instantly starts to acceleration nitrification and de-nitrification process by the technology process.
If your fishes have survived the first week with Hydra, without cycling the tank, we can say, Hydra is working.

However, as it is a new tank (1 week) and as your fishes are constantly fed and excreting, Ammonia is constantly being release, it is hard to judge and tell your system bio load, therefore we do not expect ammonia, nitrite and nitrate be zero. But Hydra will keep processing the toxins and try it’s best to keep at a safe level with the given bio load.
Please keep monitoring the fishes health. Wash the Hydra sponge when it affects the flow rate.
If your bio- loading is too high, you probably will need more filtration to support.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 27-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #179
Nevin
Dragon

Quote:
Hi bro,

So sorry that we had currently run out of stocks for the replacement cartridges. The new shipment will approximately arrive in mid July. I will keep you posted once the stocks arrive and once again sorry for the inconveniences caused.
Hi Qianhu,

I went to qianhu today and the retail staff told me that the cartridges for Hydra 50 is still no stocks, so may I know when the stocks will be get replaced and how much for a set of cartridges replacement for Hydra 50?

Thanks
Nevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #180
Goodzilla1188
Arofanatic

Hi is stream 2 cartridge available ? Thanks
Goodzilla1188 is offline   Reply With Quote