Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 21-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #11
franciscyc
Arofanatic

Bro, I hv a similar prob with my QH tanning light, juz used for less than 1 mth... bought from a bro who got from C328 but no receipt. Guessed I cant claim any warranty. Think likely is the transfomer/driver problem.
I saw at Rainbow they sell these transformers with different specs for many LEDs, maybe you can bring your sample n try to look for it. Price abt $20
franciscyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #12
patclay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscyc View Post
Bro, I hv a similar prob with my QH tanning light, juz used for less than 1 mth... bought from a bro who got from C328 but no receipt. Guessed I cant claim any warranty. Think likely is the transfomer/driver problem.
I saw at Rainbow they sell these transformers with different specs for many LEDs, maybe you can bring your sample n try to look for it. Price abt $20
Bro do you refer to Rainbow at Sungei Tengah?
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #13
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Like I mentioned before, quality driver is important for the lifespan of LED lightset. Next then is the quality of the LED chips.

People tends to look at the price instead of the quality.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #14
patclay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
Like I mentioned before, quality driver is important for the lifespan of LED lightset. Next then is the quality of the LED chips.

People tends to look at the price instead of the quality.
Thanks for the advice. I bought this light based on recommendations, so I have no idea at that time it will spoil so fast. I have used Qianhu miracle lights for two to three years so far although it does ocassionally flickers but still working.
Old 21-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #15
franciscyc
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclay View Post
Bro do you refer to Rainbow at Sungei Tengah?
Yes bro, Rainbow at ST
franciscyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #16
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclay View Post
Ok thanks. I think I'll bring to Sim Lim and seek advice. Hopefully can get it repaired.

I just can't believe a $90 LED product can't last more than a year. Must as well buy back the regular lights as they last longer and the energy consumption on electrical bill won't cost that much more than LED lights each month.
Ya. I just change a three feet florescent tube, only cost me $4.90.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #17
shark
Dragon

all LED made (epscislly from china) are all running at max rating of the device. so they are very easy overload or overheat once the environment temp go up.
it is not the product no good, just that the setting from the factory are not set to optimism level for prolong use.

I have post a thread on how to prolong the lifespan of such lighting.. see link below

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...745&highlight=

pls do it at your own risk as you will be dealing with "Live" electcity.

My QH white and Gold LED have been with me for many years.. all still working properly until today..
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #18
patclay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
all LED made (epscislly from china) are all running at max rating of the device. so they are very easy overload or overheat once the environment temp go up.
it is not the product no good, just that the setting from the factory are not set to optimism level for prolong use.

I have post a thread on how to prolong the lifespan of such lighting.. see link below

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...745&highlight=

pls do it at your own risk as you will be dealing with "Live" electcity.

My QH white and Gold LED have been with me for many years.. all still working properly until today..
Thanks for the info.
Old 21-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #19
AlvinLeong
Dragon

I have people saying why some LED light tube so cheap some more expensive.

Power supply is number one. Cheap power supply is one reason. Cheaper version using non isolated driver. Safety issues and components are running at higher voltage, shortening the lifespan. Isolated version step down our 230vac.

Poor design and quality of heat sink or even no heat sink, plastic casing. LED chips once overheat will shorten the lifespan by a lot.

Poor quality LED chips. Some chips are of much better quality to last longer than poor quality version.
Old 21-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #20
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Some will say i buy cheap cheap one bochap since got one year warranty. But what they don't know some will request you to send back to China or Local rep to exchange one to one. In the long run, freight charges or time wasting see you able to tahan....

Industrial lighting worst. Cheap LED high bay light, the cost to replace a high bay can be more expensive than the high bay light itself.