Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 30-05-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
lululala

Default Tiny bubbles in tank

Dear all,

Good day to you all. Just need a expert's opinion on my tank pump system. I'm using a sum filter. With an inlet and outlet pipe straight into my main tank. Video is attached http://youtu.be/KL-cCQsRfFU. I have 2 questions here:

1. Based on my tank setup, is my water inlet facing the wrong side, as its put exactly beside the outlet?

2. The tiny bubbles that u all can see from the video it takes sometime to pop, is it harmful to my fish? how can I reduce these tiny bubles? Or how can I get them to Pop immediately like how I see other tanks. Is there any secret to ensuring there are no tint bubles in tanks? I've seen many tanks with no tiny bubles at all.

Hope anyone with the right knowledge on this topic, could share something with me.

Thank you in advance.
Old 30-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
AdamC
Arofanatic

Your video is a bit too short...
As with your inlet/outlet question, the general rule of thumb is to direct the water flowing back into the tank facing toward the "outlet" where water is drawn into the filtration system. However, do take notice where if the current is too strong, it could stress out your fish. Adjust accordingly.

For the tiny air bubbles taking a long time to "burst", there could be an organic film on the water surface increasing its tension. You could consider using a surface skimmer or simply do water change to remove or
reduce this layer of film. This could also happen when the water is "hard" and/or the salinity is high. Do you add aquarium salt to your tank?

Hope this helps.
AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 10:15 PM   #3
lululala

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Your video is a bit too short...
As with your inlet/outlet question, the general rule of thumb is to direct the water flowing back into the tank facing toward the "outlet" where water is drawn into the filtration system. However, do take notice where if the current is too strong, it could stress out your fish. Adjust accordingly.

For the tiny air bubbles taking a long time to "burst", there could be an organic film on the water surface increasing its tension. You could consider using a surface skimmer or simply do water change to remove or
reduce this layer of film. This could also happen when the water is "hard" and/or the salinity is high. Do you add aquarium salt to your tank?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the inlet outlet suggestion. Will do that. Yes I do add aquarium salt after every 20% water change once a week. Usually one spoon full. Does this affect in anyway?
Old 30-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #4
Dave57

bubbles on water surface are usually indicative of proteins/ ammonia.

Is your biological filtration in place?

Sometimes overdose of medications/ water conditioners cause the bubbles as well.