Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 17-08-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
cheekoks

Default Any Comments?

Any comments on teh arrangement of the hardscape inside the tank? Wanna know some opinion before i start...

Last Two Images
Old 17-08-2005, 02:37 AM   #2
silane
Senior Dragon

Find that the rock on the right is out of place, it is a bit too "squarish". Other than it is nice.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
tcy81
Dragon

The rock on the right side seems lying flat on the substrate...
place it tilted down so it will have abit of slope effect...

nice setup overall... hope to see an update with plants
tcy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 03:48 AM   #4
cheekoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcy81
The rock on the right side seems lying flat on the substrate...
place it tilted down so it will have abit of slope effect...

nice setup overall... hope to see an update with plants
U mean like push it down on the front?
Old 17-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
gregorsamsa

tcy81,

i thought you have given up on this hobby? how bout ADA 2006 man?

cheekoks,

i agree with tcy81 that that rock is a bit squarish. maybe you can replace it with a smaller rock?

have you have any plants in mind? judging by the materials used., i would say it should be glosso/HC scape with moss on the wood and maybe some tall hairgrass at the back.

Giving the space taken by the hard materials, i dont think there's any space to plant stemmed plants. By the way, is it a U, N, or triangle composition?

lastly, its good that you have taken time to think out the scape. i think one of the most important stage of aquascaping is getting the hard materials right m ore than anything else. Because once the material is in the substrate, changing is both difficult and messy. Thumbs up for your endurance
Old 17-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
cheekoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorsamsa
tcy81,

i thought you have given up on this hobby? how bout ADA 2006 man?

cheekoks,

i agree with tcy81 that that rock is a bit squarish. maybe you can replace it with a smaller rock?

have you have any plants in mind? judging by the materials used., i would say it should be glosso/HC scape with moss on the wood and maybe some tall hairgrass at the back.

Giving the space taken by the hard materials, i dont think there's any space to plant stemmed plants. By the way, is it a U, N, or triangle composition?

lastly, its good that you have taken time to think out the scape. i think one of the most important stage of aquascaping is getting the hard materials right m ore than anything else. Because once the material is in the substrate, changing is both difficult and messy. Thumbs up for your endurance

Yea. More or less. But i dunno if glosso is a good idea as i plan to keep the lapis sand part bare (i have only put the base fert up till the adasoil border) and trying to keep it low maintanance. Tall hairgrass is definitely a yes.

I have pushed the right side rock down, and also tilt it forward. so now it has a 'shaded' area. Will take a picture soon to show again.
Old 17-08-2005, 11:57 PM   #7
armageddon
Senior Dragon

looks nice to me
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote