Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 29-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #11
Y0uH0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3her0 View Post
very envious of your scape! High lighting and low tempt does make beautiful wonders in tanks!

Riccia is really a pain-in-the-s. Mine still has riccia after i thought i had removed everything(took 2-3hrs)! And it appeared 6 months later!
high lighting is also a potential algae outbreak cause...this tank had BBA when i just started it but thankfully things got ironed out...thanks for the compliment bro...i can only agree that it really is such a pain in the a##...haha, once i disturb the hairgrass lawn, pieces of the riccia will float up and they will end up getting embeded in other parts of the tank and start growing there....looks like it's gonna be a never ending fight...and who said algae was the biggest headache, lol
Old 04-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
blu3her0

haha yah, thats why its always good to think about what plants to grow in the 1st place.

update us with ur replanted tank pics soon yea!
blu3her0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #13
Y0uH0

lol, yeah, i can only totally agree...careful planning is always essential and i thought i could do what amano did to grow riccia and hairgrass together...i guess i succeeded in doing so...they grew together alright but they became inseperable as well. Haha
Old 09-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
kenyeo

neat n nice plant tank............