Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 20-03-2003, 01:54 AM   #1
Infernos

Default Help needed, queries on dropsy...

I'm actually new to rearing of fish so when 3 of my goldfishes got the dropsy disease i actually wasnt aware of it... needless to say they're not in my tank anymore -_-

Anyway, i juz wanna ask u guys something... I know that when the gf has dropsy the scales will actually stick out like a pinecone. But if a gf is healthy, are the scales supposed to be sticking out?
Coz i have tis lionhead who actually looks v.healthy, v.active but its scales are actually sticking out slightly.

Izzit normal?? Or in any case if the gf is healthy, the scales are not supposed to be even sticking out slightly?

Thanks alot in advance if anyone out there replies ")
Old 20-03-2003, 01:57 AM   #2
Infernos

Theres also red streaks on its tail.
Old 20-03-2003, 02:34 AM   #3
tcp1986

Quote:
Originally posted by Infernos
Theres also red streaks on its tail.
1 of my gd have liao then wat to do sia??
Old 20-03-2003, 06:16 PM   #4
goldfishfever

Default Re: Help needed, queries on dropsy...

Quote:
Originally posted by Infernos
I'm actually new to rearing of fish so when 3 of my goldfishes got the dropsy disease i actually wasnt aware of it... needless to say they're not in my tank anymore -_-

Anyway, i juz wanna ask u guys something... I know that when the gf has dropsy the scales will actually stick out like a pinecone. But if a gf is healthy, are the scales supposed to be sticking out?
Coz i have tis lionhead who actually looks v.healthy, v.active but its scales are actually sticking out slightly.

Izzit normal?? Or in any case if the gf is healthy, the scales are not supposed to be even sticking out slightly?

Thanks alot in advance if anyone out there replies ")
Scales sticking out is a sign of dropsy problem and also a sign the water is no good. Check your water for ammonia and nitrate with test kits.
Old 21-03-2003, 03:34 AM   #5
Infernos

So the scales ain't suppose to be sticking out when they're healthy...

so if the scales are sticking out slightly, wat med should i use? i heard if its in the later stages of dropsy its like incurable...