Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Clementi Florist & Aquarium

Old 02-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Thanks for the support!

Hi Khong,
Thanks for the support! For younger xbacks like 6-8 inches, it would help to further increase their shine if you continue to keep them in a white tank till 12 inches. If a white tank is not possible, then turn on the overhead lights for 8-12 hours daily would also help.

All the best in your arowana upbringing.
Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by khong View Post
Was there when the fishes arrived.. 4 pic was snap up within hr.. nearly got the 24k AA++ but notice the pic I like got some acid burn and listless,,so didn't take the risk..
Instead I got a slight spoon head,high body emerald blue on offer,coz of it's strong blue base..hapi with my purchase nonetheless..
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
ranchulover_79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFI View Post
Hi Ranchulover,
For your info, I am also a Ranchu lover ... you know? Just love viewing them sideways, with their bulging stomachs, crowned heads and angled tails, kawaii ne!

As for your recommendation, if you have a lower budget of say S$400, go for either the Emerald, BMB or Royal Blue AA xbacks. However, if you are able to push the boat out a little more, say S$500, then I would strongly recommend our Sapphire Gold AA+.

Compare and contrast before committing and enjoy the process ... All the best in your arowana selection.

Mrs Goh
Hi Mrs Goh, thanks for yr replied.Glad that u also like ranchu..u should bring in more ranchu too..

For yr recommendation,are they in red/gold colour? at $400-$500,what is the size like?Is 2.5ft tank able to gown them well.tks
ranchulover_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default I was referring to Xback Goldens

Hi
I was referring to Xback Goldens, their prices had dropped from say more than S$1,000 to only S$400-500 now. Great time to buy one. However, the Xback would require at least a 3 to 4 feet tank ...

As for Ranchus, I only admire them and keep them at home. For the farm, DFI, we only specialize and concentrate on breeding Xback Goldens, not dealing in other tropical fishes. In this way, we can give our Xbacks 100% full attention.

Mrs Goh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchulover_79 View Post
Hi Mrs Goh, thanks for yr replied.Glad that u also like ranchu..u should bring in more ranchu too..

For yr recommendation,are they in red/gold colour? at $400-$500,what is the size like?Is 2.5ft tank able to gown them well.tks
Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
ranchulover_79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFI View Post
Hi
I was referring to Xback Goldens, their prices had dropped from say more than S$1,000 to only S$400-500 now. Great time to buy one. However, the Xback would require at least a 3 to 4 feet tank ...

As for Ranchus, I only admire them and keep them at home. For the farm, DFI, we only specialize and concentrate on breeding Xback Goldens, not dealing in other tropical fishes. In this way, we can give our Xbacks 100% full attention.

Mrs Goh
Hi Mrs Goh, thanks for yr kind replied.
ranchulover_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #15
Sean Tee

Hi Mrs Goh, 3 feet tank can fit arowana? I was thinking of getting a cross back but afraid current tank to small.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
lukeskwr
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Tee View Post
Hi Mrs Goh, 3 feet tank can fit arowana? I was thinking of getting a cross back but afraid current tank to small.
recommended 4ft bro. 3ft can keep but u will have to move it to bigger tank eventually. monster fish, do justice for the size and it's well being.
lukeskwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
lukeskwr
Dragon

dun know when but 2 more aro to get. now got 1 RTG,1 BMB and 1 Royal Blue (pick up yesterday from C328). Saving enough to get the gold bars x2.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #18
Sean Tee

Hi Luke, thanks for your advise
Old 02-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
lukeskwr
Dragon

Quote:
Hi Luke, thanks for your advise
Sure, may the force be with you.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Yes, but maybe a change of tank 1 or 1.5 years later

Hi Sean
Yes, like Luke had said, a 4 feet tank would be better. Otherwise, in a year or 1.5 years later, you may need a change of tank again.

In all cases, do not over feed a young xback in a black tank as its colour development might be seriously compromised.

All the best!
Mrs Goh
Quote: