Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Clementi Florist & Aquarium

Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #61
FHGH

Hi Mrs Goh,

I am rearing 24k Golds and Pahang Golds at the moment, and my tank is white, will their gold intensity increase as they grow bigger to become shiny and deep gold without BTE? Please advise.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #62
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Arowanas are like chameleons

Hi FHGH,
Arowanas are like chameleons, changing their body colour to suit its surroundings. If you continue to keep your xbacks in a white tank, of course they would remain whitish in appearance. But if you were to look carefully, you may still see their base colour and gold deepening, shine climb higher and pearlies develop faster.

That is why we suggest to change to a blue or black tank once they attain the size of 15 inches for Golden Heads and 24K Golds and up to 12 inches for all other types of xbacks.

And for all types of xbacks, some form of overhead white lighting would be good (min. of 6-8 hours daily). Plus, never never overfeed your xbacks. Hope this helps.

Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHGH View Post
Hi Mrs Goh,

I am rearing 24k Golds and Pahang Golds at the moment, and my tank is white, will their gold intensity increase as they grow bigger to become shiny and deep gold without BTE? Please advise.
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #63
lukeskwr
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFI View Post
Hi FHGH,
Arowanas are like chameleons, changing their body colour to suit its surroundings. If you continue to keep your xbacks in a white tank, of course they would remain whitish in appearance. But if you were to look carefully, you may still see their base colour and gold deepening, shine climb higher and pearlies develop faster.

That is why we suggest to change to a blue or black tank once they attain the size of 15 inches for Golden Heads and 24K Golds and up to 12 inches for all other types of xbacks.

And for all types of xbacks, some form of overhead white lighting would be good (min. of 6-8 hours daily). Plus, never never overfeed your xbacks. Hope this helps.

Mrs Goh
Mrs Goh Thanks for your info. really really valuable. I have a question....so when are batch 1555 hitting the store?
lukeskwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #64
beepoobee
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskwr View Post
Mrs Goh Thanks for your info. really really valuable. I have a question....so when are batch 1555 hitting the store?
i am also waiting for it.
beepoobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #65
FHGH

Thanks Mrs Goh, however there are gold intensity without the lasting chameleon effect in white tank. Guess I have to do more black water environment. As I have in mind the potential of the fishes, blue or black tank will spoilt the gold, don't think it's advisable otherwise why are we looking for gold bar?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #66
fishncheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFI View Post
Hi khong
It will be anytime soon, however, must wait for empty spaces at C328 first. How about checking out the 24K AA++, now on offer at only S$700 each (usuual, S$799)?

Thanks and Happy Sunday.
Mrs Goh
hi mrs goh

is there any offer for red arowana?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #67
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Around Nov or early Dec?

Hi Lukeskwr, Beepoobee & other supporters
Our estimated date of launch for 1555 offsprings would be in November or early December. Price wise, cannot be ascertained at this moment cos they are still very young. But shape wise, all confirmed to have bullet head, much like its father.

Do keep a look out for this much-awaited batch. Thanks alot for the support.
Mrs Goh
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskwr View Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #68
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Default Sorry, we rarely carry Red nowadays

Hi
Sorry, we rarely carry Red nowadays, only Xbacks.

Cheers!
Mrs Goh QUOTE=fishncheap;9173163]hi mrs goh

is there any offer for red arowana?[/QUOTE]
Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #69
zeus

Mrs Goh,

What will be the size of the 24k that is to be released to C328 soon?