Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 05-12-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
decentkid

Default need help choosing chiller

hey bros...need help choosing a chiller....u guys know my tank dimensions so no need put in hor?

finding for something not to ex like artica....did those test and recommended is 1/3 hp....

so can u guys give me so recommendations....better if can tell me where to get and price....

and btw....barra....i know my tank and sump dimension same as yours...but my mom finding for a new chiller...sorry
Old 05-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #2
woonming

I would say DALIE is very good, as i used it for almost 1.5 years with no problem and cooling rate is super fast !

Mine is only rated at 1/4 hp but cool a 4 x 2 x 2 volume of tank water, i think as my tank is 3 tier 3 feet.
Very silent compare with others brand out there.

For maintainence and servicing it was very fast and well done back at the shop only charge me $50.00 if you bring it down. Top up gas and washing of coil.

Cant remeber the contact number but address is Blk 22, boon keng road. It is a planted shop..
Should you buy it kindly ask BarraCuda™ to help you redo the temp probe again which it help you to save more on cooling time and money :P

Hope this helps.

Ming :
Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
decentkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonming
I would say DALIE is very good, as i used it for almost 1.5 years with no problem and cooling rate is super fast !

Mine is only rated at 1/4 hp but cool a 4 x 2 x 2 volume of tank water, i think as my tank is 3 tier 3 feet.

For maintainence and servicing it was very fast and well done back at the shop only charge me $50.00 if you bring it down. Top up gas and washing of coil.

Cant remeber the contact number but address is Blk 22, boon keng road. It is a planted shop..
Should you buy it kindly ask BarraCuda™ to help you redo the temp probe again which it help you to save more on cooling time and money :P

Hope this helps.

Ming :
thanks...really helps....but how much did it cost?
Old 06-12-2004, 12:01 AM   #4
wlchew

Quote:

Hope this helps.

Ming :
Hi woonming,

Is this shop also do servicing for other brand like resun,etc...?? Thought of doing some cleaning of my chiller
Old 06-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #5
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by decentkid
thanks...really helps....but how much did it cost?
A 1/3 HP will cos u $1600, i using it for my tank it very good and i keep the temp at 25dec, can ask jeff he saw it in action in my house the temp rise very slow so it won kick in so often.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:52 AM   #6
cwloo

For normal maintenance, most of the aircon shop will know how to service the aircon.

However, can't seem to find the air valve in my Resun chiller. I think they didn't install one which means troublesome for maintenance.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:04 AM   #7
platyfanatic

Why don't you try teco? Now got 40% off at aquatechnic.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #8
woonming

Teco is good but alot of units from reefers arent getting the support from any agent like what my friends told me !

I got my DALIE from Aquarama at only 1200$ hehe

Keep you money and wait till MAY 2005

Ming

Quote:
Originally Posted by platyfanatic
Why don't you try teco? Now got 40% off at aquatechnic.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #9
Ekia

Quote:
Teco is good but alot of units from reefers arent getting the support from any agent like what my friends told me !

Ming
i'm waiting til may then...
Old 06-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
decentkid

Quote:

Ming
wah....like that is really test paitence liao....
dunno if i can tahan so long leh...want to add corals liao leh