Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 24-12-2004, 01:00 PM   #1
wil_lee76
Account Disabled

Talking Wave creating effect on fish tank

Hi there,

i was wondering what brands that the LFS using for their tank...those can wave from side to side, small pump located at the corner of the tank...dun knw what that called...what brands you guys recommend?
wil_lee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #2
mansiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil_lee76
Hi there,

i was wondering what brands that the LFS using for their tank...those can wave from side to side, small pump located at the corner of the tank...dun knw what that called...what brands you guys recommend?
Actually if you have a chiller, it doesn't matter whether the power head is a good brand or a bad brand. Just like resun power head, its cheap and strong, but it produces a lot of heat. Go for brand like maxi-jet etc ( very expensive though ) if you dun have a chiller/cooling fan.
Old 24-12-2004, 01:17 PM   #3
wil_lee76
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansiz
Actually if you have a chiller, it doesn't matter whether the power head is a good brand or a bad brand. Just like resun power head, its cheap and strong, but it produces a lot of heat. Go for brand like maxi-jet etc ( very expensive though ) if you dun have a chiller/cooling fan.
But what power should i buy? 800l/h? or what? seems to many powerhead in LFS and cannot make up my mind....seems confusing....
Old 24-12-2004, 01:19 PM   #4
mansiz

So you are using it as a form of circulating the water in your main tank right? Not as a return pump ah? How big is your tank?
Old 24-12-2004, 01:23 PM   #5
mansiz

Oh I saw it from your gallery, you have a 3 feet tank ah? And you have a chiller, so you don't have to buy an expensive power head, you can go for resun sp 3800, its 2000L/HR, good for tank circulating, 800L/HR is too low.
Old 24-12-2004, 01:32 PM   #6
wil_lee76
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansiz
So you are using it as a form of circulating the water in your main tank right? Not as a return pump ah? How big is your tank?
3ft tank , yes for circulation for my future corals......
Old 24-12-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
Maculosus

Default RIO SEIO and TUNZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil_lee76
Hi there,

Those are Eden 228 powerhead or some are branded under ZooMed.
For water circulation, the good ones are RIO SEIO and TUNZE.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...&highlite=seio
http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...highlite=tunze
Old 24-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
Ekia

I would recommend Rio Seio M820 for a 3ft tank...
Old 24-12-2004, 02:37 PM   #9
KaLiB

1 very important thing to note, if your sand is very fine(like grade2 and below), a wavemaker(Like Tunze Turbelle or Rio Seio) can churn it up resulting in not only a sandstorm but LR avalanches(assuming you used LR). So, IMO advisable to put a layer of coarse sand over the sandbed to prevent this from happening.
Old 24-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #10
ReDDeviLs

if u face to power heads against each other,u will see random current at times..

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/sur...l/aa092499.htm

hope this helps~