Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 28-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
greenmiddlefing

Default Cube start-- theme "hawaii coast"

Hey guy

Photoshop painting for initial idea:

Tank 1 week after set up:

Dwarf cichlids in tank:

Aside from HC, plants are fairly common . . . ok, the plants are fairly common. 1' cube. Hope you guys liked
Old 28-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
the_r0ck

WAH!! You did the painting in PS?!!?!?

Anyway you might wanna tilt the center piece a little. It currently seems a little too straight, point upwards at an unnatural angle.

Other than that, I like the way you are going with the scape.. nice!
Old 28-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
greenmiddlefing

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong man-- where I come from mountains point up, not at angles

and cliff face also are straight . . . This is imitating a place where there is a straight drop-off into the ocean

also, I dislike the idea of a "center piece," it's just one of the many parts of the lay-out.

There are natural-looking tanks where you "zoom in" really close-- like the those that have lots of twisty branches. Then there are those where you "zoom out" very far-- this is the later kind.
Old 29-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
armani1234sg
Arofanatic

its very nice... wanna make one like this but no time n no money... haha...
armani1234sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
Radiance

Nice set up.... Congrats!
Old 31-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
Mikex
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmiddlefing
Thanks for the feedback, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong man-- where I come from mountains point up, not at angles

and cliff face also are straight . . . This is imitating a place where there is a straight drop-off into the ocean

also, I dislike the idea of a "center piece," it's just one of the many parts of the lay-out.

There are natural-looking tanks where you "zoom in" really close-- like the those that have lots of twisty branches. Then there are those where you "zoom out" very far-- this is the later kind.

If u dun like the idea of a center piece,u can propably shift the wood slightly to the side..jus my opinion..
Mikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:08 AM   #7
Burnz

imo the centre "cliff" is too strong a presence for ur idea of it being a part of the layout, thats y u have feedback abt it being the centrepiece. And if u really want an imitation of the "zoom out" scape, then i feel the scale of the backgrd plants is not appropriate. wouldnt a fine leave stem plant do a better job in expressing what u wanted in ur render?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmiddlefing