Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-03-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
motoracer

Default any nice goldfish tanks pics?

any pics of nice goldfish tanks.....want to set up in.. got a 2.5 ft tank.. taller than most two feet tanks...
Old 19-03-2003, 12:07 AM   #2
tcp1986

Default Re: any nice goldfish tanks pics?

Quote:
Originally posted by motoracer
any pics of nice goldfish tanks.....want to set up in.. got a 2.5 ft tank.. taller than most two feet tanks...
think 2ft hight is not advisible later will cause bladder problem, thats wat i heard from some bro
Old 19-03-2003, 01:22 AM   #3
Arhat

bros, i saw at BNBS sell 2 ft tank (2ft * 1ft * 1.5ft) for $23. Can i keep them in a tank like that? Tanks in advance.
Old 19-03-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
happybuddha

Default Re: Re: any nice goldfish tanks pics?

Quote:
Originally posted by tcp1986
think 2ft hight is not advisible later will cause bladder problem, thats wat i heard from some bro
Nah. I dun believe in this folklore. Ponds are often deeper than 2 feet and those farmers raise GF to sell.
Old 19-03-2003, 09:52 AM   #5
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Arhat
bros, i saw at BNBS sell 2 ft tank (2ft * 1ft * 1.5ft) for $23. Can i keep them in a tank like that? Tanks in advance.
Of course you can, but it seems expensive. I also heard they were designed for housing many LH in partitions. The taller height gives them more room. Most hobbists don't seem to like them becoz clean-up might be more difficult. So when time comes for you to sell it, you might not be able to find a buyer quickly. If I'm not wrong, those 1 ft tall ones goes for $13-$15 only. Just fill the water to the brim if you want maximum viewing pleasure. I do that to my 2x1x1. Dun worry, GF are too clumsy to jump out of it.
Old 19-03-2003, 08:05 PM   #6
Arhat

Thanks happybuddha. I really enjoy your style of writing especially the one you commented about the Expo thing...

"Why is Happybuddha doing at a LH exhibition?"

You still schooling? Maybe you should join Temasek or Ngee Ann's Poly Mass Communication.
Old 19-03-2003, 08:07 PM   #7
Arhat

uhm, another question. Can i use doplhin 708 for filtration for my Goldfish?

$23 isn't expensive, cos at there, $15 for a 2*1*1 tank. $7 more only...

But then if 2*1*1 tank can keep 3 ranchus at the very least. *sigh*no space leh.
Old 19-03-2003, 08:40 PM   #8
happybuddha

Quote:
Thanks happybuddha. I really enjoy your style of writing especially the one you commented about the Expo thing...

"Why is Happybuddha doing at a LH exhibition?"

You still schooling? Maybe you should join Temasek or Ngee Ann's Poly Mass Communication.
Aiyoh, my face is so red now. I didn't know I have a fan. Blush blush.

No lah, I'm not a student in school anymore. The way I look and dress, they will pay me to leave any school I enroll in. Many bros commented I look a lot like our dear Koji, except I'm over-weight, middle-age, bolding and chain smoke. Otherwise we're like twins!

Thanks for your complements.
Old 19-03-2003, 08:53 PM   #9
happybuddha

Quote:
uhm, another question. Can i use doplhin 708 for filtration for my Goldfish?

$23 isn't expensive, cos at there, $15 for a 2*1*1 tank. $7 more only...

But then if 2*1*1 tank can keep 3 ranchus at the very least. *sigh*no space leh.
I have a SuperBoy II which is probably similar to the Doplhin 708. It works nicely but GF produces a lot of poos. So everyday I also have to clear the poos from the wool. If not, the filter will overflow. Quite telok. So I bought myself a Canister filter instead. Now I rinse the canister once a week. Another point to note is that the space on the tank's top will be quite tight after you place the OH filter and a lamp on it. I used to have to remove the lamp to gain better access to the tank when I change water. It's quite troublesome. So you might want to consider a Canister for this reason too.

Hey buddy, how about getting a 2 feet tank with a depth of 1.5 feet instead of 1 feet? That half a feet more in depth translate to a lot bigger volume.
Old 19-03-2003, 09:21 PM   #10
tcp1986

i rinse my Canister once a mth , u rinse once a week no xiong meh lol